ABF | Light duty program at ABF.

Addypay

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, in put of 106 in South Bend Indiana and would like too know if anyone has every been on light duty and how it pays and is it in addition too your work comp payment? Thanks everyone

Hello, in put of 106 in South Bend Indiana and would like too know if anyone has every been on light duty and how it pays and is it in addition too your work comp payment? Thanks everyone
Also, bear in mind that if a holiday or any normally compensated day off (vacation, sick, etc.), workers comp does not pay. ABF is responsible for the full 85% compensation on those days. But if it is done there like it has been done here at the Rock in the past, ABF will try to pay only their normal “required” portion. You must keep track of it and if this happens, contact your manager and follow up by contacting the Fort. This info is also on pages 81 and 82.

Also, Workers Comp pays current for the previous week. ABF is delayed a week. So there is a good chance you will get your last full rate pay check and your first Workers Comp check the same week. Remember this when Workers Comp ends and you go back to work as you will probably have a full week of no pay check from the two being off set a week.

Way back in the day there was a Yellow driver in Fontana, Ca. who was put on modified duty so the TM decided these bums needed to work. Well the end of the dock where the office is and the yellow support rails to keep people like Roadway Spy from driving thru the walls are located as always needed a new coat of paint & Mr. TM told the bums to get at it and also paint the end wall. Guess where all the windows are for MGMT. & dispatch to watch onto the dock etc. This high seniority driver got his paint roller, pole, paint & pan and started to paint that wall when the office was empty right across the windows doors etc. When the TM came out yelling, cussing asking what the hell he was doing the driver replied, I'm a truck Driver never claimed to be a painter. TM told him to get off the dock & stay home until he was cleared to return to work as they would just pay his Azz to stay away. Classic Part one :lmao:

Ha. Yeah. I had a leg injury, so those losers made me come to work and sit in the break room. Upstairs.

Took me about a half an hour to get up and down, but I got it guys. Thanks a bunch.

As for how it paid? I only remember the sense of pride I got after climbing those stairs clutching the rails for dear life. Monetarily, I'm sure it was rather mediocre.

Check the Company COVID policy, non-essential worker.
What is more non-essential than a thumb twiddler.
After my fall my TM used that to get me out of his business.
Just be sure if you are off work on comp to not post anything on social media about any physical activities. I knew a guy who was off on comp for what was supposedly a work related leg/hip injury. He posted a pic/video of his trip to the lake. He was bragging about his semi-pro water ski tricks & backed it up with a video. Anything you post on social media is public domain & can be used against you. I might add that he did lose his job.

Last edited:
Just be sure if you are off work on comp to not post anything on social media about any physical activities. I knew a guy who was off on comp for what was supposedly a work related leg/hip injury. He posted a pic/video of his trip to the lake. He was bragging about his semi-pro water ski tricks & backed it up with a video. Anything you post on social media is public domain & can be used against you. I might add that he did lose his job.
Yes point taken....watch it SOR....no posting illicit content of you and Bertha showing off your "skills"