Pitt-Ohio | Line Haul Albany NY

.6608 mile start, top rate .7125 after 6 months. Free health insurance for employee and dependents, the only exception being a working spouse with health insurance available through their employer and that employer contributes to towards the premium. Vacation is based on previous year’s earnings, when you get your first week depends on what time of year you are hired. I forget how it works but you’ll get two weeks early on then 3,4,5 weeks after 10,15, 20 years respectively. While 10 years is a long time to wait for a 3rd week, they do offer a nice option of a “Plan B”. Anyone eligible for least 2 weeks can choose to take an additional week with your vacation pay divided evenly over all of the weeks off. For example, if your vacation pay was $1500 p/wk and you were eligible for 2 weeks, that $3000 would be divided over the 3 weeks and you would receive $1000 p/wk vacation pay. The only stipulation is that 5 days must be taken by April 30th. Feel free to post any questions, this board has been pretty busy lately so you should get a reply fairly quick.

thanks for the reply washboard. i appreciate it. My other question is do the linehaul drivers work the docks at other terminals or do they drop and hook ?
It varies by terminal and run. I’ve been on linehaul for 11 years and haven’t worked a dock in close to 9 years, but there might be a small percentage who do on a regular basis. That being said, I’ve heard of two Teal’s runs so far that are low miles with dock work being part of the run. The hourly rate for dock work, fueling, breakdown, delays, etc appears to start at $29.11 according to a few job postings on the company website, topping out at $31.87. It’s the same as what your rate would be as a city T/T driver.

In most cases, a linehaul driver’s pay averages out to a higher hourly rate than the city, even with them getting time and a half after 40 hours. I like to think of as a night differential.

Still waiting for someone to call me about the app I submitted last week. The company recruiting department is a voice-mail on a recorded line. I know they've only been here 3 weeks probably a lot of moving pieces. I did notice the ad for city p and d is gone though.

Still waiting for someone to call me about the app I submitted last week. The company recruiting department is a voice-mail on a recorded line. I know they've only been here 3 weeks probably a lot of moving pieces. I did notice the ad for city p and d is gone though.
In my personal experience the terminal manager is who gets back to you. I’m not sure if Pittsburgh gets the app and sends it to the terminals or not. Maybe call your local terminal?