Line Haul Info

Rooks93

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m hoping to get some info about line haul. Do you stay out all week? Will they get you home on the weekends? Are you assigned trucks, or do you slip seat? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I’m hoping to get some info about line haul. Do you stay out all week? Will they get you home on the weekends? Are you assigned trucks, or do you slip seat? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Are you asking for Central Transport (yellow trucks)?

I had a friend work for them doing line haul in Durham NC. He kept the same truck all the time. Pay was substantially less than most other LTL around our area. Had a good amount of miles on his bid but he did a lot of stopping at terminals enroute that made for regular 13-14 hour days. I don’t know if they have guys that stay out all week or not. I hope they’re stronger in Texas than in the mid Atlantic. I have another friend who is an inbound dock supervisor at the same terminal and he doesn’t know how they continue to remain operating in thus area with as little business as they have. Not trying to be negative , just telling you what info I have.