Estes | line haul night hours

jangle

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious what the start times are on these runs ussualy? And how many hours you ussualy spend doing it ?

I know it gos by miles and depending on how much you stop to use the bathroom ect it can very.

8pm to 1130pm runs usually take 9 to 12 hours a lot depends on if you have to wait for bills or repairs or don't have a tractor available a simple 400 mile run can be a complete diaster
Thanks for the info. Do you know the schedules of hub runs and otr?

The bigger terminals have day time LH runs that start at 3-5 am. They're going to take a some years of seniority to get though.

So basically the only way to work days is to be on p&d?
Pretty much yes. Linehaul is all over the place with widely varying scenarios. If you have to pass through several or even one large terminal per night it can really extend your hours spent away from home. They have start times all around the clock at large facilities but at your smaller ones normally 20:00-23:00 is the norm . I did have a 400 mile gig for a while that had multiple stops but most times went smooth that started at 21:30 and finished by 05:00-05:30. Didn’t get rich but had good home time. A lot of these things you can’t really pinpoint until you get in and do it. Good place to work though, money is good and they don’t harass you if you do your job.

Pretty much yes. Linehaul is all over the place with widely varying scenarios. If you have to pass through several or even one large terminal per night it can really extend your hours spent away from home. They have start times all around the clock at large facilities but at your smaller ones normally 20:00-23:00 is the norm . I did have a 400 mile gig for a while that had multiple stops but most times went smooth that started at 21:30 and finished by 05:00-05:30. Didn’t get rich but had good home time. A lot of these things you can’t really pinpoint until you get in and do it. Good place to work though, money is good and they don’t harass you if you do your job.
That gig went away? What are you doing now?

I bid back on extra board. Out 5 days home 2. The bid changed and got a little longer but now goes into a larger terminal and it takes a lot longer to do.
So when is ur schedule all over theplace now? Like do u sleep sometimes in the day and other times at night or is it pretty fixed?

So when is ur schedule all over theplace now? Like do u sleep sometimes in the day and other times at night or is it pretty fixed?
I start at night so it stays on the work nights and sleep days schedule for the most part but occasionally everything will go smooth enough to get done earlier and earlier every night until I work myself into driving days by the end of the week.

So basically the only way to work days is to be on p&d?
Basically yes. Unless you are in a big terminals with plenty of day runs. If working days is a priority I would recommend p&d because even if you ever have enough seniority to bid on a day linehaul run, there’s always the possibility to get bumped or they doing away with the run or someone with more seniority transferring. P&D you always stay on day times (for the most part). I’m seriously considering going p&d, I have a lot of linehaul time but my barn only has like 4 runs and they’re all nights and less 500. Nights get old after a while IMO, unless you are a night owl which I’m not. Hope this helps. Overall, Estes is a good company just try to stay away from safety eyes cuz they tend to be b*ttholes. Good luck

Yea I enjoy the sun too much I think I'll be a depressed vampire on nights. Maybe I'm over thinking this lol
Working nights suck, especially if you have a young family. I make it work but getting tired. I rely on caffeine to stay awake. I wouldn’t leave for another company because I have too much time invested here. P&d is not a bad gig. In my barn most guys start at 9-9:30am and done around 7:30-8. Like I said not bad. Might be less $$ but you get to sleep at nights and get your weekend off. Most line-haul/hub we are literally in the trucks 6 days a week (Monday night-Saturday morning)

Working nights suck, especially if you have a young family. I make it work but getting tired. I rely on caffeine to stay awake. I wouldn’t leave for another company because I have too much time invested here. P&d is not a bad gig. In my barn most guys start at 9-9:30am and done around 7:30-8. Like I said not bad. Might be less $$ but you get to sleep at nights and get your weekend off. Most line-haul/hub we are literally in the trucks 6 days a week (Monday night-Saturday morning)
Yea the hours on p&d don't sound bad. I know you can make more doing line haul and 80k a year would be nice. I just don't think I'm the type of person for that. Too bad those runs didn't start earlier like even 1 pm but I understand it's a logistics thing. I think they need those loads there at night to be loaded for p&d. Idk I'm just guessing

As everyone on here is saying, you're going to have to put in a good number of years to get a daytime run.
I understand I'm gonna go for p&d I pretty much to that kind of work with a box truck anyway . I do plenty of cart in delivery's and lift gate delivery's and I always u load myself at the dock