Line Haul questions and opinions.

berooobeee

TB Lurker
Credits
hey everybody, just wondering if there are any NEMF line haul drivers in here. I'm thinking accepting a job offer at the pawtucket, RI location and wanted to hear what people have to say about NEMF line haul. how many miles a week on avg do people see? do you work docks, if so, how much? is there much waiting at terminals for loads? how're the benefits, is there a pention? thanks in advance!

I use to run the road with NEMF out of Newburgh. It's a company you use as a stepping stone. The mileage rate does not compare to New Penn YRC or ABF. + u have to pay out of pocket for Benefits. I was paying around 50 bucks a week for health insurance. U might get more miles @ NEMF but your mileage rate will be lower then the companies I mentioned. New Penn as a barn in Cranston, and YRC is in Cumberland. I would advise that U go there. All delay time is unpaid, there is a pension but it's not as good as a Teamster pension even with the cutback. U would be working 5-6 days a week. They are now running line haul during the day & at nite, because of the new HOS. NEMF resets, so they have to follow the rule that states a driver will be off duty from 1AM-5AM (2) days a week.

good luck

thanks for the response. so if you're working 5 days a week you have to take two 4 hour breaks every week doing linehaul? why would anyone do linehaul with those rules getting paid by the mile?

thanks for the response. so if you're working 5 days a week you have to take two 4 hour breaks every week doing linehaul? why would anyone do linehaul with those rules getting paid by the mile?

if u come to new penn we dont follow the new hos, except 30 min break. u can log ur 30 min break at a terminal. ur an author write a story! new penn recaps we dont reset. its a union rule.