Central Transport | Line Haul Questions

Justbrowsing

TB Lurker
Credits
Curious what it's like at CT line haul. I have heard it also involves dock work but not sure if that is every day or a rarity. Also what's pay like and hours worked per night. Do you have a normal start time. Any helps appreciated.

If your comments are just to trash the company save your post and take it elsewhere

Curious what it's like at CT line haul. I have heard it also involves dock work but not sure if that is every day or a rarity. Also what's pay like and hours worked per night. Do you have a normal start time. Any helps appreciated.

If your comments are just to trash the company save your post and take it elsewhere
Wow, can you say Passive/Agressive!

Dock work for both city and line haul is required. How much depends on what run your awarded. The only exception is for line haul. If you are awarded a run that is over 500 miles round trip then the dock work is optional. Meaning if you have a long haul run you can still work the dock when you return home each morning for extra money but it is not required. No lay down runs and yes everyone has a dedicated start time. Starting pay depends on what geographic area you are looking into. They very quite a bit.

Dock work for both city and line haul is required. How much depends on what run your awarded. The only exception is for line haul. If you are awarded a run that is over 500 miles round trip then the dock work is optional. Meaning if you have a long haul run you can still work the dock when you return home each morning for extra money but it is not required. No lay down runs and yes everyone has a dedicated start time. Starting pay depends on what geographic area you are looking into. They very quite a bit.
Do you guys have lifetime bids like R&L or do you rebid from time to time?

So in your parlance , once you're "awarded" a run you can't be bumped, correct? Do the terminal managers make that decision ?
Correct you can not be bumped. The only thing that would cause you to lose your assigned run would be if you were under performing or continously blowing your ETAs. The local manager would be the person making that judgment call.

Correct you can not be bumped. The only thing that would cause you to lose your assigned run would be if you were under performing or continously blowing your ETAs. The local manager would be the person making that judgment call.
Copy that. That's how we do it at R&L . I like it. The only other time you could loose a run is if they adjust a freight lane somewhere which usually happens if a new center opens. So I assume you have guts that float or are on an extra board .

Can't speak for all terminals but at Nashville you will work the dock to complete 14 hours per day no matter the length of the run for instance if you run to St Louis which is 640 miles you can expect to work the dock for two and a half hours when you get back. if you are start time at 6:30 p.m. you will not be leaving until 8 to 8:30 in the morning

Can't speak for all terminals but at Nashville you will work the dock to complete 14 hours per day no matter the length of the run for instance if you run to St Louis which is 640 miles you can expect to work the dock for two and a half hours when you get back. if you are start time at 6:30 p.m. you will not be leaving until 8 to 8:30 in the morning
Sounds like total hell. I would rather be tied to a whipping post. I needed a life beyond my job.

Copy that, add in 15-45 minute commute in both ends you'd be at 72.5 to 77.5 hours a day in five days. I average 52.5 hours a week with .75 hour commute on either end (60 hrs a week all in) and that's enough for me
I work about 13 a nite 9pm to 10 am , about 2 to 3 hours is waiting and breaks and im under no pressure except to avoid a motel stay 30 miles from my car and when that does happen i actually get more rest

Is that with Central? What is their trip pay? Mileage or what. Know anything about Effingham, IL terminal?

Thanks
Thats a scheduled regular night run , mileage pay .6950 and i dont know anything about effingham and if your looking for a new job give it a try, not shure if your asking about central dispatch or central trucking company ,i run for estes

As a new driver for CT what kind of bid would i get? Lifetime bids make me think a new guy would get a crap run if he gets a run at all. Would i pretty much just be a dock worker? Spoke to a recruiter today but I'm aware that recruiters make things sound better than they are or will be. He said id only be hitting the dock for 3 hrs a night max. At 24.50 an hour and the runs are paid at a flat rate not hourly. Short runs pay 50-60$ each way and i could be doing multiple runs. Anyways tho whats life like at CT for a new linehaul bottom of the totem pole driver? TIA

As a new driver for CT what kind of bid would i get? Lifetime bids make me think a new guy would get a crap run if he gets a run at all. Would i pretty much just be a dock worker? Spoke to a recruiter today but I'm aware that recruiters make things sound better than they are or will be. He said id only be hitting the dock for 3 hrs a night max. At 24.50 an hour and the runs are paid at a flat rate not hourly. Short runs pay 50-60$ each way and i could be doing multiple runs. Anyways tho whats life like at CT for a new linehaul bottom of the totem pole driver? TIA
Central is a bottom feeder company. Worst pay and insurance of any company in my area. Hire on and get a check while you look for a better company to work for. Can’t believe a word a recruiter for any company tells you