Estes | Line Haul Reset!

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
ok...new week....I've only been here for 2 months really happy here....but just when I get into 'my groove' ALL line haul drivers go to a reset starting this week. Yes, I'm sure it'll take a few weeks for us to get used to it....but suppose to be leaving between 6 and 10 pm for xtra board drivers! Just wondering, what is your take on it? I like starting anytime AFTER 10pm....but, it is what it is!

When your time is up and there's freight to run take it. Don't matter the time you're still getting paid. If you refuse a dispatch you've screwed yourself.

ok...new week....I've only been here for 2 months really happy here....but just when I get into 'my groove' ALL line haul drivers go to a reset starting this week. Yes, I'm sure it'll take a few weeks for us to get used to it....but suppose to be leaving between 6 and 10 pm for xtra board drivers! Just wondering, what is your take on it? I like starting anytime AFTER 10pm....but, it is what it is!
The line haul reset is a attempt to get the load's out on time and every going to their destination's. As I am sure by now you have got held up after your break is up this is supposed to help with that. And it might in some places and not trying to be negative but this happens every year and they try and straighten out some things for a few weeks and then slowly but surely it seems to be right back to getting held up or waiting past your cut times. And know one seems to care about the time and money that you loose. If we were having to be paid for our down time things would change. All be careful out on the road.

When your time is up and there's freight to run take it. Don't matter the time you're still getting paid. If you refuse a dispatch you've screwed yourself.
Sorry Hero, but that's not going to work anymore. According to my District Mgr the new dispatch windows for extra board drivers will be between 6pm and 10pm. Whenever they start the implementation of this new plan.

It is a wonderful theory and the thought comes to mind, shouldn't this have been the way it has always been? Why is this now just happening. It is absolutely senseless how late the outbound shift closes out at most of these terminals and the small ones have absolutely no excuse. If this actually is implemented and works then freight should be moved much quicker and more efficiently moving through the darkness rather than moving most of it during morning traffic and daylight hours. Drivers should get home much earlier, especially extraboard drivers. It should be a win win, if it works. If central could start using the Peoplenet unit for dispatch purposes I think that could speed up the process tremendously as well.

It is a wonderful theory and the thought comes to mind, shouldn't this have been the way it has always been? Why is this now just happening. It is absolutely senseless how late the outbound shift closes out at most of these terminals and the small ones have absolutely no excuse. If this actually is implemented and works then freight should be moved much quicker and more efficiently moving through the darkness rather than moving most of it during morning traffic and daylight hours. Drivers should get home much earlier, especially extraboard drivers. It should be a win win, if it works. If central could start using the Peoplenet unit for dispatch purposes I think that could speed up the process tremendously as well.
You are so very right. The peoplenet system is capable of doing so much more than what they are letting it. I have seen a little bit of a improvement in GBO the last few days but I have been here long enough to know that it won't change. But take it when you can get it.Please all try and be careful out on the road. Hope some of you have seen some better days this week.

Because the dispatch on time isn't gonna work. There's always gonna be a hot shipment that needs off an fresh inbound trailer to be placed on a schedule. If not that they'll have to empty a trailer to make an empty to hook with a lead

You are so very right. The peoplenet system is capable of doing so much more than what they are letting it. I have seen a little bit of a improvement in GBO the last few days but I have been here long enough to know that it won't change. But take it when you can get it.Please all try and be careful out on the road. Hope some of you have seen some better days this week.
just sayin' Peoplenet SUCKS! Quallcom system works so much better(so many LESS BUGS/crashes!)....but I left out around 2330 wednesday...that was cool....nap time at 1400 to 1800...call in....more nap time......BUT Getting a hotel room was a problem yesterday! EVERYWHERE In Allentown,PA they said(hotels) you don't check in until 3/4 PM! Good thing about corp lodging! I was sooo tired I was too tired to be pissed off, and I was, too! lol But I still had to stay 30 f&@^ng miles away! Campus Inn was booked up(? REALLY)...Super 8 gave me the run around about the 3/4 pm check in! Finally got one, nice hotel....but still.....what should have been a 11 or so hour break was 13 and a half....due to finding a hotel! Thanks you stupid crook, hilLIARy! haha

Last edited:
Because the dispatch on time isn't gonna work. There's always gonna be a hot shipment that needs off an fresh inbound trailer to be placed on a schedule. If not that they'll have to empty a trailer to make an empty to hook with a lead
THAT and whatever driver comes in, that has THE HOURS...they will give the him/her....done deal...I've learned this quick....it is what it is.....I still love this job and being here! trucking is trucking.....whether you live IN your truck(ugh) or you live outside of your truck(hotel YEAY).....EVERY JOB will have it's headaches. You know how may times I've walked in and heard Dispatch B&^%HING about the phone ringing? lol Even Central! EPES they wouldn't answer the phone....use your 'Quallcom' and wait your turn is ALL you'd get....you get shot, stabbed murdered....USE YOUR QUALLCOM....but how is that possible when your dead? Well, that's 'general freight' screw you.

Sorry Hero, but that's not going to work anymore. According to my District Mgr the new dispatch windows for extra board drivers will be between 6pm and 10pm. Whenever they start the implementation of this new plan.
So does this mean extra board drivers will be dispatched in that time window all week or is that just on the day you leave out?

just sayin' Peoplenet SUCKS! Quallcom system works so much better(so many LESS BUGS/crashes!)....but I left out around 2330 wednesday...that was cool....nap time at 1400 to 1800...call in....more nap time......BUT Getting a hotel room was a problem yesterday! EVERYWHERE In Allentown,PA they said(hotels) you don't check in until 3/4 PM! Good thing about corp lodging! I was sooo tired I was too tired to be pissed off, and I was, too! lol But I still had to stay 30 f&@^ng miles away! Campus Inn was booked up(? REALLY)...Super 8 gave me the run around about the 3/4 pm check in! Finally got one, nice hotel....but still.....what should have been a 11 or so hour break was 13 and a half....due to finding a hotel! Thanks you stupid crook, hilLIARy! haha
The drive and wait was worth it to avoid the Campus Inn.

So does this mean extra board drivers will be dispatched in that time window all week or is that just on the day you leave out?
yes sir...pretty much! It takes me about 45 minutes to get to terminal dispatch(load car...4 bags! HA!), drive load into truck, pretrip, etc)...but yeah after a few weeks extra is gonna leave out between 1800-2200!

The drive and wait was worth it to avoid the Campus Inn.
I don't think the Campus Inn is THAT BAD....the America's Best Value Inn in Wilson, NC is by far the worst DUMP I've stayed in, so far! Sheesh, the one I'm at, York/Harrisburg tonight is ABOUT the same as Campus Inn...atleast there ARE food options here! Campus has NO food options....that Italian restaurant looks good....but man food is WAY overpriced in that area...ALWAYS has been...if you stay at the Super 8, across from the Bandit(the diner built next to truckstop...dunno about the Italian place)...THAT PLACE IS VERY OVERPRICED! DO NOT GO THERE! Stayed at the bandit about 3 and a half years ago...learned my lesson and moved on! haha

Airport diner is very good.Subway in shopping center and a very good deli/salad bar in grocery store at shopping center.(Allentown)....Room beside office is probably the best room they have.

I haven't had a problem the last 3 weeks. The next 2 weeks I'm gonna cover a scheduled run! I got to pick too....g'boro to indy lay down...gonna be an awesome week. But 3 weeks ago, I had 2 weeks that were really crappy. I've heard from guys at other terminals, that had sat at home 2 extra days due to low freight.