Estes | Line haul / Team Question?

JRODNY

TB Lurker
Credits
I am an experienced line haul driver. I want to apply at Estes. Are team drivers out on the road for a week at a time or is it 2-3 days at a time? What is the average yearly income for line haul and team drivers? Thanks

Many do 5 day schedules. Home every day
Some run wild 5 days. Home on weekends. Schedules are 1100 and 1200 mile round trips and my barn. They split.60 cents before the increase in January

the truck you drive wont be much of what you would call a team truck.

I seen some brand new freightshakers being piggybacked westerly bound with big E stickers on them. They looked like they had an upper deck. I don't think the drivers have to sleep together anymore

2 bids posted here at 295 Riv for teams to run Atl. one is i think a Sunday and the other a Monday start and listed as a 5 day turn.

I'm thinking about applying as a Team driver out of Dallas..it's the only position near me open. Or, I might wait until they actually start hiring solos again. lol

you can stay out as long as you want pretty much, you split roughly 60 cent. both drivers get paid mileage and you times that by .29654 cent to figure your gross. best advise if you get hired, try to get west, alot more miles out there, company paid motel on your breaks, not my partner and i average 75k a year or better, but we stay out for 2 weeks every other week if that makes sense

What do teams get now? I was told a little over .60 split, been thinking about running out of 017. I hear they don't sit as much as us extraboard and you can make over 80k no problem

What do teams get now? I was told a little over .60 split, been thinking about running out of 017. I hear they don't sit as much as us extraboard and you can make over 80k no problem

Yeah, you'll make over $80,000 no problem. Not sure of the exact number but it is over .60. They get the better hooks for the most part. Millage pay don't really make much difference if your comparing one company to another because some companies aren't as generous with the paid miles as others. I thought you were going with OD.

wrong nc driver mildew...been w Big E a little over 3 yrs (all xtra board)
I was just wondering what the mileage pay is, can't seem to get a straight answer when I ask team drivers. Every time I talk to them they all say it is better than running single and you make more $

wrong nc driver mildew...been w Big E a little over 3 yrs (all xtra board)
I was just wondering what the mileage pay is, can't seem to get a straight answer when I ask team drivers. Every time I talk to them they all say it is better than running single and you make more $

My bad. I know who you are. I'm sitting here looking at this beer holder the sweet office lady handed me today. It actually keeps my fingers from getting cold.
Anyhow, it's right at .61 give or take a quarter cent. Don't let me discourage you but; I'd rather clean porta potties at a Laredo truckstop for $5 an hour then run team for any outfit for any amount.

ha, I tell everybody that when I grow up I want to be like you, dew...
I ran teams w FDX GRD and I imagine they run teams somewhat similar here. I personally don't like trying to sleep in a moving truck, but if the money is that much better and I don't have to sit as much I could do it for a while. I thought about doing it until I can bid on a schedule (solo), my only fear is that wont let me come off a team. I have 3 yrs line haul and if I do team for another 3 then maybe I can bid on something somewhat decent out of 017.

ha, I tell everybody that when I grow up I want to be like you, dew...
I ran teams w FDX GRD and I imagine they run teams somewhat similar here. I personally don't like trying to sleep in a moving truck, but if the money is that much better and I don't have to sit as much I could do it for a while. I thought about doing it until I can bid on a schedule (solo), my only fear is that wont let me come off a team. I have 3 yrs line haul and if I do team for another 3 then maybe I can bid on something somewhat decent out of 017.
Nothing wrong with working hard and paying off bills when your young, then kicking back in the easy chair when you get older. That's what I did. I didn't run team or work hard but I did stay gone. Now, I'm semi retired. :couch:

Nothing wrong with working hard and paying off bills when your young, then kicking back in the easy chair when you get older. That's what I did. I didn't run team or work hard but I did stay gone. Now, I'm semi retired. :couch:

That's my whole goal, payoff my house ASAP then I can be like you and work 35 hrs weekly (if u want to call it work)

Running team sounds very appealing, as far as the $$ and not sitting in a hotel for 20+ hrs. Ran into a team this week and they said they each gross $90k!! I'll probably just stay put though, like I said I've run team before and didn't love it