ODFL | Line Haul

Pantherman1991

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wanting to get some info on linehaul at OD...I am working in the city now for another company (21 years)all i here is good things from all your city drivers..I know it will be slowing up a little bit the next few months but i am going to put in my application and see what happens...Do the new hire usually stay out and layover,top pay,etc...thanks

all depend's on term. you run out of
I was wanting to get some info on linehaul at OD...I am working in the city now for another company (21 years)all i here is good things from all your city drivers..I know it will be slowing up a little bit the next few months but i am going to put in my application and see what happens...Do the new hire usually stay out and layover,top pay,etc...thanks

New hires usually start on the"Wild"board until enough seniority is built up for a bid run,the wild board can either stay out for a few days or work extra or substitute turn runs from their service center.Line haul top pay 57 CPM

Everyday...................................................................................................

There are certain terminals in our region that have added many scheduled runs. (relays) Some have doubled. Now there are several drivers that got runs at 5 to 600+ miles with less than 2 years in, some under a year. I feed west/southwest trailers into WIC or TUL nightly. Or cover terminal freight and others bring relays, or a combination of both. Know a wild/extra driver (on last bid) who went from a short schedule because of all the vacation time allows him almost a regular 600+ night. 2/3rds of his year is just covering these runs. With all the added runs, senior drivers who's lifestyle/home obligations pick shorter or day runs, have allowed many short timers some pretty good runs.

Can't say none, yet most are scheduled to keep you trucking. Know one of our guys who use to volunteer if slow freight night. Been close to 2 years since he worked dock.