ADuiePyle | Line haul

1.......Dockwork. My specific run has almost zero dock work. speak with other, and you will get a different story. plus it is up to the driver.Volunteers are certainly welcomed!!!
2.......Most run times have a "fluff factor" Usually not an issue if a bathroom break is needed. Communicate. Quallcomm msg and a call works. Once you reach your destination, however long it takes.
3.......Again, what is called a crap run?? Some want atleast a 4 hr ride. Others want a 2 hr ride. I would think a later start. Most likely last to leave the term
4.......Do the math. Works about the same. Nice being on the clock fueling, hooking, loading gear etc. No sitting for free till the wheels turn.
Stuck in traffic. Move one mile in an hour. Which pay is better??
5.......This will be my last job till I die. Unless the Powerball hits
6.......Most seem to dislike Carteret, Nj. It can be crazy. some are already crying about the Bronx, which is not open!! Truckers

1.......Dockwork. My specific run has almost zero dock work. speak with other, and you will get a different story. plus it is up to the driver.Volunteers are certainly welcomed!!!
2.......Most run times have a "fluff factor" Usually not an issue if a bathroom break is needed. Communicate. Quallcomm msg and a call works. Once you reach your destination, however long it takes.
3.......Again, what is called a crap run?? Some want atleast a 4 hr ride. Others want a 2 hr ride. I would think a later start. Most likely last to leave the term
4.......Do the math. Works about the same. Nice being on the clock fueling, hooking, loading gear etc. No sitting for free till the wheels turn.
6.......Most seem to dislike Carteret, Nj. It can be crazy. some are already crying about the Bronx, which is not open!! Truckers

No bunks in the Bronx, come and go. Sit on the bridge, make money. Most cry about going into the boro's when paid by miles.

Thank you very much for the replies. All answers are kind of what I was hoping to hear. Personally, I just want to drive..... not dock work. If dock work is needed occasionally, fine. Just don't want it to be the majority of my day. Also hope I can get somewhat of a general start time. Some nights now I start at 8 and others not until 1:30am. You sit by the phone just waiting and waiting for that call. Bronx is whatever for me. Can't be any worse then going to Maspeth

Thank you very much for the replies. All answers are kind of what I was hoping to hear. Personally, I just want to drive..... not dock work. If dock work is needed occasionally, fine. Just don't want it to be the majority of my day. Also hope I can get somewhat of a general start time. Some nights now I start at 8 and others not until 1:30am. You sit by the phone just waiting and waiting for that call. Bronx is whatever for me. Can't be any worse then going to Maspeth
It's like any driving job at the end of the day. It all depends on what you need/want. Dock time will vary depending on what terminal your at. There will be weeks you'll pray to get some dock time and want nothing to do with it other times. Dock work was nice to get when laying over at a terminal with bunk rooms. Pyle has a 14 hour rule where after 14 you clock back in when not at your home terminal. If you take the job hold these terminals to that. Some will play games with that. If they do just tell them let's call central dispatch and get this straight.

Just a general rule. At your home term you will have a set start time. Others depends on the freight and when you are legal. But most generally 9pm ish is the latest. Loads are closing by 10:00pm usually. Maspeth? You will have zero issues to our yards then.

There are 2 pensions in Pyle. An old one that was closed to new hires in 2005. Or around that time. That was a defined benefit. Current one is a defined contribution. Company puts in a set amount. Profit Sharing. Over and above your 401k match