R&L | Linehaul Drivers running Straight through

Gatorman

TB Lurker
Credits
Have any of you heard whats been going on the last month or so? I know for sure ATL, WIL, And Memphis have done it. They are running linehaul drivers straight through from terminal to terminal such as WIL to ATL and then putting the driver in a motel to get his 10 hours off before going back.Just like Southeastern, Saia, ABF, Roadway, Yellow and most other freight haulers do. I heard Memphis hired 2 drivers specifically to do this. I hope they dont decide to go to this format across the board. I think they are just experimenting with it for now. Has anyone heard anything????????????

I meant that Atlanta was involved. There was a Memphis Driver and a Wilmington driver that come all the way yesterday to Atlanta. From My understanding, if your swap driver dont have any freight coming your way, he will be cancelled and you will run straight through. They are no longer going to run you with Mts

Don`t think that they are doing this across the board. This would require every driver to have their own truck. We barely have enough trucks for all our p+d drivers. They have done this in NOR on occasion but only on extra runs and only if the other terminal did not have the extra driver to send.

they had no driver to meet these (extra load) line haul drivers no paramount at terminal no team and no abco at the time. the freight had to go and that was there only solution. it's called to much freight and not enough drivers at the time. Lets not start any rumors there is enough going around that are made up. and i didn't say you were starting one i asked lets not