R&L | linehaul guys look out

thebig$driver

TB Lurker
Credits
We all knew about the team drivers getting cut but now it has officially moved its way into the daily linehaul operations. I was told there was 15 outside carriers waiting for loads at Norwalk yesterday and now guys are starting to lose their bid runs. We had 2 runs cut in Scranton and at least 1 in Norwalk because an outside carrier is taking our freight directly from Norwalk to Boston. I have been trying to hold my head up high with this company in these tough economic times but this is just going too far. Look out guys because linehaul runs are coming to an end at a terminal near you!

yes you r so right they r doing it everywhere .they need to tell everybody how they r going to f*** us now !!! not wait on a meeting they r going to put it on the tv at the terminal any way just a waste of money send people to the main office

We all knew about the team drivers getting cut but now it has officially moved its way into the daily linehaul operations. I was told there was 15 outside carriers waiting for loads at Norwalk yesterday and now guys are starting to lose their bid runs. We had 2 runs cut in Scranton and at least 1 in Norwalk because an outside carrier is taking our freight directly from Norwalk to Boston. I have been trying to hold my head up high with this company in these tough economic times but this is just going too far. Look out guys because linehaul runs are coming to an end at a terminal near you!

What outside carrier? Are these truckload outfits?

dont mean to intrude on your forum, but you guys are right. I have been layed off from holland for almost a year now and working for a truckload outfit and I could not believe some of the loads that these truckload carriers have been hauling. sometimes its only 4 skids from laredo tx to st louis mo. That should be LTL freight. I have noticed a lot more of these shippers shipping LTL freight on truckload carriers

yes you r so right they r doing it everywhere .they need to tell everybody how they r going to f*** us now !!! not wait on a meeting they r going to put it on the tv at the terminal any way just a waste of money send people to the main office
Your right the meeting will be a joke. Do you think they will pick a driver thats had his run cut?????? NOT!!!!!!! It'll be some new guy or one of the many suck-ups that are hanging around the dispatch window!!!!!! Besides since when have they ever wanted my opinion or yours..... They have their plan it said it on the flyer...... So it's just more money out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm one of the lucky guys down the line who got there run cut For Monday . I would like to thank the ROBERTS Family for a Merry f***ING CHRISTMAS . was told they'll see if they can come up with some city work for Mon . It's already a SHORT WEEK and now this they can kiss my a**. Ive been running Heavy both ways TOO .:nutkick::chairshot:

I'm one of the lucky BASTARDS Down the line who got there run cut For Monday . I would like to thank the ROBERTS Family for a Merry f***ING CHRISTMAS . was told they'll see if they can come up with some city work for Mon . It's already a SHORT WEEK and now this they can kiss my a**. Ive been running Heavy both ways TOO .:nutkick::chairshot:
I'm sorry to hear that jcwcuda. Alls I can say is the company better be looking forward to a lot of problems if they switch much of our linehaul to outside carriers. Lets just say things are going to get dirty real quick. :realmad:

This is what I had posted on another topic. It is not going to be just linehaul that is going to get wheeled and dealed. R&L is a business, loyalty is only going to go so far. My azz or yours, we all know the answer to that. Its been a pretty good ride to this point for many of us, but I think this is the end of the line as we know it. Hopefully I am wrong (it wouldnt be the first nor the last time). All the oldtimers that thought they were untouchable may get touched here. The guys whining because they got called in a 1/2 hour late, and they have 15-20 years senority, may be pissing on themselves. Time will tell. But I personally think the worst is yet to come. I also hope R&L stays strong and gets past this downturn. Wishing all a Merry X-Mass & Happy New Year!

I thought all the Paramount O/O's were going to take over. I wish they would make up their minds. The dealer will only hold my truck for a couple more weeks. :hysterical:
We are expected to move the freight come hell or high water. What are they going to tell the contractors when they sit in a truckstop until the storm passes, and the freight misses service. What are they going to tell the customer that paid out the butt for that "Guaranteed" delivery. I guess they are willing to give up control in order to save a few dollars in the long run.

JCW, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I thought all the Paramount O/O's were going to take over. I wish they would make up their minds. The dealer will only hold my truck for a couple more weeks. :hysterical:
We are expected to move the freight come hell or high water. What are they going to tell the contractors when they sit in a truckstop until the storm passes, and the freight misses service. What are they going to tell the customer that paid out the butt for that "Guaranteed" delivery. I guess they are willing to give up control in order to save a few dollars in the long run.

JCW, sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I've heard alot of horror stories about the O/O's....... Refuseing loads,quiting under a load,wrecks even if half of it's true,it's enough to make me smile on the inside:biglaugh:

Was your run cut permantly or just for Monday? Things are going to be kinda slow for at least the next few weeks,happens every year. If you've been here or in the freight bussiness for awhile you know that this is the slow part of the year. This is the time of year when you should be prepared to sit at home some. Now if it was cut permantly I feel for you. The only thing I can say to that is talk to someone who's been here for awhile. Over the years they have tried things like this before and they never worked out. Alot of us have been looking around for an escape hatch,just in case. My best advice is to hang on and see what happens. It wouldn't hurt to look around where you live and see what jobs are out there,at least it will make you feel better. If and when we all get through this we will be glad we stuck it out,because R&L has been and will be again the best freight company to work for.

Your right the meeting will be a joke. Do you think they will pick a driver thats had his run cut?????? NOT!!!!!!! It'll be some new guy or one of the many suck-ups that are hanging around the dispatch window!!!!!! Besides since when have they ever wanted my opinion or yours..... They have their plan it said it on the flyer...... So it's just more money out the window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the best representative to inform the bad news to the many hard working R&L line drivers, who have remained loyal to an owner who has repeatedly shown his total disregard for his workforce, should undoubtedly be the Roberts' families number one groupie (BRACEFACE) He has repeatedly defended every move this greed induced tyrant brings upon his employees. TE out.....

does anyone else think elvis this from the other side or just me. go home elvis I think yrc needy help were doing ok on our own. rlc is disease free so far lets keep it that way at least out west. its very clear whats going on in elvis world

does anyone else think elvis this from the other side or just me. go home elvis I think yrc needy help were doing ok on our own. rlc is disease free so far lets keep it that way at least out west. its very clear whats going on in elvis world

Just put him on your ignore list and you'll never see his BS. I've got several propagandists on my igmo list, it really does improve the experience...

I think the best representative to inform the bad news to the many hard working R&L line drivers, who have remained loyal to an owner who has repeatedly shown his total disregard for his workforce, should undoubtedly be the Roberts' families number one groupie (BRACEFACE) He has repeatedly defended every move this greed induced tyrant brings upon his employees. TE out.....

Angry Elvis didn't take his meds again....Go away "ANGRY MAN" we don't want you on our site...

R&L old days....few chiefs, lots of indians

R&L current....lots of chief, few indians..

Reducing the number of high price VP'S added in the last 7 years= $$$$$$$$$$$

Most Linehaul guys deal with lots of issues...night time driving, drunk drivers, same boring route daily... add in inclimate weather...these guys are worth every penny they earn

R&L old days....few chiefs, lots of indians

R&L current....lots of chief, few indians..

Reducing the number of high price VP'S added in the last 7 years= $$$$$$$$$$$

Most Linehaul guys deal with lots of issues...night time driving, drunk drivers, same boring route daily... add in inclimate weather...these guys are worth every penny they earn
What i like is most of us indians make more than the chiefs:1036316054: