ODFL | Linehaul Hooks/drops

Gee you mean you would expect a major corporation to have a things defined in the handbook right??? For a few years here in the Midwest we were getting paid an extra (5) hook to put the rear to door or fence. Starting a year or so ago we were told they would not pay any more than four again. But I assume like anyting else just depends on where you are answer will be different.

Gee you mean you would expect a major corporation to have a things defined in the handbook right??? For a few years here in the Midwest we were getting paid an extra (5) hook to put the rear to door or fence. Starting a year or so ago we were told they would not pay any more than four again. But I assume like anyting else just depends on where you are answer will be different.

Certainly is a different answer. Ha! My TM says yes, other drivers say charge 'em. Yet TM pulled up other drivers charging 2 and 2 when they get back at the yard and have to shuttle their rear. So still pretty conflicting. Since I cant find anything saying no and my TM says a hook is a hook and a drop is a drop me thinks yes? I know they pay over it because I've charged for it before. Was leaving COH with 1 load 1 empty and before I hit the gate I was called asking if I left and would take 2 loads back. Certainly charged for it and anytime my assignment has been fumbled around. Maybe they aren't asking specifics and think we were asked to shuttle a trailer? Yeah, would be nice if it was writing specifically some where. $4-12 a night adds up over a week, or even the month.

The way it was explained to me was drop a set 1 drop, back under a set 1 hook. Build a set 4 hooks, leave back trailer where you drop it 3 drops. Put up back trailer then 4 drops. I did read it at par on the wall before the remodel.

The way it was explained to me was drop a set 1 drop, back under a set 1 hook. Build a set 4 hooks, leave back trailer where you drop it 3 drops. Put up back trailer then 4 drops. I did read it at par on the wall before the remodel.

Wow, yeah, more drivers are saying 4 and 4? Love the lack of training and info. A guy that has been here 5 years heard our convo and was halfing himself like me.

Here in Indy we used to get paid for putting our rear in the door and an extra fuel for DEF. We got a new linehaul manager about 6 years ago and he said we were no longer going to be paid for this.

Here in Indy we used to get paid for putting our rear in the door and an extra fuel for DEF. We got a new linehaul manager about 6 years ago and he said we were no longer going to be paid for this.

You guys got paid for def? Some yards, the def works when the fuel is on. So nice. Love how some yards are different. I've even heard inconsistencies with drivers that run Canada. Far as I know there are only 2 yards that run Canada in this region. One yard gets hourly rate after 30, supposedly other yard is $10/hour after 30. Not sure if true. Going to ask my TM about back pay in the morning. Was never given any formal training for linehaul. Doesn't make sense to me to be 4 and 4. To me it makes more sense to double the pay and go by 2 and 2, or 1 if set stays hooked but that is just me.

Getting mixed answers. We get paid to hook and drop. I'd assume after breaking our set, and dropping the lead, if we have to hook and drop our rear in a door, that counts as another hook and drop we get paid for?

Couldn't find anything about it in the new book available on ESS but the old book said that if you are dropping your back box, your gear and your lead and then coming back for your back box to put it in a door, you get 4 drops and no extra hooks. If you dont come back for your back box and leave it where it is you are only supposed to claim 3 drops.

But I agree, 4 drops make sense since you are dropping your back box, your gear, your lead and then your back box again, but if the company is using piece rate to pay us for our drops and hooks then that extra hook to come get your back box should count as well.

Couldn't find anything about it in the new book available on ESS but the old book said that if you are dropping your back box, your gear and your lead and then coming back for your back box to put it in a door, you get 4 drops and no extra hooks. If you dont come back for your back box and leave it where it is you are only supposed to claim 3 drops.

But I agree, 4 drops make sense since you are dropping your back box, your gear, your lead and then your back box again, but if the company is using piece rate to pay us for our drops and hooks then that extra hook to come get your back box should count as well.
Is that 2 buck a move

Yeah, new ess doesn't say anything about it. We had some drivers who weren't trained and were doing 2 and 2, so at least them and I will be getting our full accessory pay now. Asked about back pay but didnt sound like much would happen. We ended up asking some big company guy at another terminal, something about he handles the region or something. He explained the break down. Pretty much like you all said about 1-3-4 depending on the drop, but then he said something about 5. Which is weird because over 4 it asks for a reason. It made my TM scratch his head and I said welcome to how I feel. Anyways, just going to roll 4 and 4, unless dropping a set.

Yeah, new ess doesn't say anything about it. We had some drivers who weren't trained and were doing 2 and 2, so at least them and I will be getting our full accessory pay now. Asked about back pay but didnt sound like much would happen. We ended up asking some big company guy at another terminal, something about he handles the region or something. He explained the break down. Pretty much like you all said about 1-3-4 depending on the drop, but then he said something about 5. Which is weird because over 4 it asks for a reason. It made my TM scratch his head and I said welcome to how I feel. Anyways, just going to roll 4 and 4, unless dropping a set.
Sad the calender is gonna be 2020 and an employer pays two bucks for a labor move

Do you get 16 bucks when you grab an air leak dolly

Anything over 4 and you have to give an explanation. Last week I ran empties to another yard to grab their freight. 1 load 1 empty. The loaded trailer had a defective glad hand attachment on the rear. Central told me to run single obviously. Had to break my set and put the rear away. I charged for it and wrote the trailer up at the destination. I performed the work still.

Do you get 16 bucks when you grab an air leak dolly
Today I dropped a set, 1. Built a set, 4. Weighed them over gross. Dropped the back box and gear 2. Broke a set to take the front box, 2. Hooked my front to the other front, 2.
11x2 equals 22. Did all of this in 35 minutes. Part of the time was waiting for a new trailer. Basically $44 a hour. I have no problem with our pay. Some people take 30 minutes to build a set, others can do it in 10 minutes.

Today I dropped a set, 1. Built a set, 4. Weighed them over gross. Dropped the back box and gear 2. Broke a set to take the front box, 2. Hooked my front to the other front, 2.
11x2 equals 22. Did all of this in 35 minutes. Part of the time was waiting for a new trailer. Basically $44 a hour. I have no problem with our pay. Some people take 30 minutes to build a set, others can do it in 10 minutes.

I think you're blowing smoke, I'll ask Billy about this, he says you can't get off your zero turn in 10 min.
Ain't no wonder you run over rose bushes!