AAA Cooper | linehaul pay

I worked at a place that was 4-5hrs a night waiting without pay...every hour the blood boiled more and more..lol.
Now I'm Union, and don't wait at all (because they pay) but, anytime someone mentions union, all anyone has to do is point to the YRC board, and it's squashed...it's too bad really, cause it's really the way to go in trucking (from a drivers viewpoint)

Slave... Is that you?LMAO

Alot of people just go with the flow on this. Alot of drivers have a mindset of " well i got enough time here at the company, so i can get that 500 mile plus a night run to make up for no drop n hook pay. When i was at vitran they use to pay 15 min for fuel and 15 min for drop n hook. Then they took it away. Then they dropped the speed from 67mph to 62mph. So ur day was alot longer. All these smaller non union companies get away with murder. Odfl and fred im pretty sure there is compensation for all extra work performed by a road driver. In nashville around 6 cooper drivers came to ups freight. And acouple of them had 10 plus yrs, i asked one driver why give up all that senority to start at the bottom of the board?? He said he would be able to make around 30 grand more a year once he is topped out, then what he would been able to make at cooper. And after listening to what cooper gets from its drivers, well im very happy that they never called me for a inverview....

Alot of people just go with the flow on this. Alot of drivers have a mindset of " well i got enough time here at the company, so i can get that 500 mile plus a night run to make up for no drop n hook pay. When i was at vitran they use to pay 15 min for fuel and 15 min for drop n hook. Then they took it away. Then they dropped the speed from 67mph to 62mph. So ur day was alot longer. All these smaller non union companies get away with murder. Odfl and fred im pretty sure there is compensation for all extra work performed by a road driver. In nashville around 6 cooper drivers came to ups freight. And acouple of them had 10 plus yrs, i asked one driver why give up all that senority to start at the bottom of the board?? He said he would be able to make around 30 grand more a year once he is topped out, then what he would been able to make at cooper. And after listening to what cooper gets from its drivers, well im very happy that they never called me for a inverview....
Cooper, IMO, has went down the tubes since the kid took over... He's implementing this "the compnay takes from the drivers, so we will survive".. What he doesn't understand is, that the company IS the drivers... But that's what the new "Micro-Managing" gets ya...

Saia does the same thing. They only pay you the one time that you drop and hook at your meet site. $9.70 Because they can get away with it.

So does R+L. Line pay is a flat rate. It doesn't matter how long it takes or what you do. The only time you get more is if the run you through a different terminal to swap a trailer.

If you go thru dark terminal at night nobody there but you hit clock as soon as you sign in

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Oh there's a group all right,there called TEAMSTERS maybe you should talk to one they get paid for work that is dun..."its called time spent".
Yea its so crazy what people well do and not get paid for, Hell no I not sign a union card the most famous word is I don't have to pay somebody to keep my job. Hay dumb ass you don't have a job you work 100 percent for 50 percent pay.

No delay pay here even if its 2hrs or more and trust me it happens to some guys every night. Its unreal. ...
Southeastern Freight pays delay pay after your first hour and pays $8 for every hook or break. No pay for fueling, they say we make to much money as it is.

Ok I know this we'll be hard for you guys to understand at Yrc get almost $23 a hour like a drop and hook pays quarter a hour a pin or time which ever is greater drop and hook half hour now I well spend your head myself have a Greenville SC bid I get here at 3am ok at 5pm I get $23 a hour watching tv leave at 2am made $200 watching tv after 17 hours get a meal ticket we call it a meatball that's $14 then go to the terminal like last week had to string my set that pays 1hour times 4 that along paid me almost $300

Ok I know this we'll be hard for you guys to understand at Yrc get almost $23 a hour like a drop and hook pays quarter a hour a pin or time which ever is greater drop and hook half hour now I well spend your head myself have a Greenville SC bid I get here at 3am ok at 5pm I get $23 a hour watching tv leave at 2am made $200 watching tv after 17 hours get a meal ticket we call it a meatball that's $14 then go to the terminal like last week had to string my set that pays 1hour times 4 that along paid me almost $300
Wow what a sentence.

Not trying to start anything here guys, but have you thought of what could happen if you get injured while performing work while not being paid? Are you covered by worker comp? I would make darn sure. Maybe talk to the company HR,and a worker comp attorney... I know Walmart got nailed for having people performing cleanup work and such at their stores off the clock after their shift finished. I would get some clarification on this just to have some sense of security for you and your livelihood.

Im a rd guy, at new penn i get 15 mins to do each task. Fuel hook drop.

Fuel 15 mins
Hook 15 mins
Drop 15 mins

Sometimes i get a drop fuel hook because the guy that used my rig during the day didn't drop his trl. So b4 i leave the barn i already have 45 mins of clock time

If we are delayed cause load isn't ready we wait in drivers room. Talk, read paper, watch tv. We have to give up 30 mins but after u give up 30 mins ur getting paid. We aren't allowed to work dock, different job classification + it's not allowed in contact. All breakdown time is paid, no give back.

Last edited:
You won't get that at SEFL. You pretrip for free, you fuel for free and you give then the first hour before getting paid at each stop. If you hook a set or break down a set, you get paid per break and hook.

Didn't mean to jump boards but I would have to agree with the one gentleman about getting injured while doing yard work or fueling . Here at Abf, you"ll get a letter or suspension if you are caught building sets or fueling off the clock. They don't play around with that. A totally different mindset from what you guys are going through. The money definitely adds up too. Break 2 sets to build 1 is about $25. Fuel your own truck, up to 100 gallons pays 1/4, over 100 pays 1/2 hour. We get paid all waiting time unless you have a full service restaurant ,with a waitress, no hot dog gas stations, available . Then we have to give 1/2 hour . . The thing I enjoy is 4 hours for working on the holiday, even if it 20 minutes into the holiday . It pays a 4 hour penalty plus the 8 hours holiday plus the regular run. Turns a normal trip into a $600 one. NOT saying Abf or the Teamsters are perfect, but if you choose to be out here, why not try to make as much as possibl?. Just my 2 cents.....

I also work for ABF ,benefits are free, you get paid for any work that you do, I was employed with non - union company several years ago. 80.00 a week for insurance and and you must take a large amount of weekly pay,out of check for retirement. They also change the rules daily ..... Trust a man that has been on both sides of the fence. I will gladly once a month pay my union dues.