SEFL | Linehaul question

edgefan57

TB Lurker
Credits
Thonotosassa, Fl. is hiring linehaul drivers.
I've tried searching for my questions and can't find the answers so I figured I'd ask here.
Before I apply I'd like to know some of the basic information.

What is starting pay?
Are linehaul drivers out all week or how does that schedule work?
Do linehaul drivers work the dock?

Thanks for the help in advance.

I've tried searching for my questions and can't find the answers so I figured I'd ask here.

What is starting pay?

Starting pay is negotiable depending on how badly they need you. Prob 67 or 68 per mile. Top out is now over .72 per mile
Linehaul at sefl is bid out based on seniority. Low man usually gets a system run or a low miles run, but not always.
Line drivers don’t work dock unless they want to. Even then you may not be allowed to as Central dispatch prefers linehaul drivers to have as many hours available as possible.

Starting pay is negotiable depending on how badly they need you. Prob 67 or 68 per mile. Top out is now over .72 per mile
Linehaul at sefl is bid out based on seniority. Low man usually gets a system run or a low miles run, but not always.
Line drivers don’t work dock unless they want to. Even then you may not be allowed to as Central dispatch prefers linehaul drivers to have as many hours available as possible.
Is there specific terminals that don't have teams or do they all have teams?
Is a system driver out all week?
Thanks

Is there specific terminals that don't have teams or do they all have teams?
Is a system driver out all week?
Thanks
Don’t know much about teams.
System can be out all week or home nightly. All depends on what central needs. Usually system packs a bag for the week and gets home Saturday morning. Best thing to do is talk with someone at the local terminal you want to work at. Each one is run a little differently than the others. Local scm has some input in linehaul, but most decisions are at corporate level. Completely different than the way p&d operates. Scm controls most every aspect of a city drivers work, but he has much less say in linehaul decisions.

I run city but fill in on road every chance I get so keep up pretty well on both. SE starts road at top pay on day 1 and has done that for many years. Today that is 69.4 but in month that goes to 72.4. Very few system drivers anymore who are gone all week but not sure bout Tampa

What is starting pay?

A lot of time city drives are waiting to get on L/H not saying you can’t get lucky and come in off the street.the spot as probably been filled by a city driver. HR makes them post it. Up north it’s a lot easier to come off the street and get on L/H but Florida is different. Good luck to you

What is starting pay?