ODFL | Linehaul Tractors ?

Outsider

TB Lurker
Credits
I was at IND/055 today for a road test and do some paperwork. While on road test the driver told me that none of the tractors have stereo radios. Is this true? And if i get hired i will probably be on the extra board. Do the extra drivers get an assigned tractor? Can linehaul drivers work the dock if their miles are weak? Any additional info would be great. Thanks....Outsider

I was at IND/055 today for a road test and do some paperwork. While on road test the driver told me that none of the tractors have stereo radios. Is this true? And if i get hired i will probably be on the extra board. Do the extra drivers get an assigned tractor? Can linehaul drivers work the dock if their miles are weak?� Any additional info would be great.� �Thanks....Outsider

Lots of freight outfits don't put radios is slip-seat rigs. Might need to build you a radio box like we YRC drivers do.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

You will probably not be assigned a tractor for a while. And no radios in the tractors. You would want to talk with the TM about extra dock work. Every location is different.

:drivin: In Atlanta, you will be on the wild board, line haul drivers are not allow to work the docks. Line haul dispatcher will offer runs, (turns or bag runs) if he has west loads to offer, take it. Try to stay out a week if you can, tell the west board you are out to run, make good miles and money (3,000 miles). If you want to be home every night, just take turns if you are offer them. Bid drivers are assigned tractors, dispatch will assign you a tractor at the time of your run, as far as a radio( XM Radio is the best) and cb. Its best to put it in a cb/radio box. Enjoy yourself working for OD :shift:

when you make your radio box (or buy one) it is a big help to put a slightly smaller fuse than your radio box in the supply wire (from the dash). Switching in and out of trucks sometimes wires get crossed or just bumped and it is alot quicker to change a fuse there. Good Luck any questions just ask or look at other drivers boxes. Most of us are only to willing to talk about (or bragg) our setup. :shift:

Sometimes you can find a driver at the terminal that makes them.There was one in GBO that made custom boxes,real nice.

AdBlock Detected