TForce | Linehaul Trailers

Pyle stays in the Northeast/Mid Atlantic. I asked the owner why not pups for l/h? He said our lanes were not long enough to justify the small amount of extra space vs the extra costs
I was a daily visitor to Pyles Parkesburg Pa. warehouses, and I agree, few companies are as savvy as A D Pyle. One of the big differences is, while ADP is an LTL carrier most of their freight is multiple skids, not much small volume. Very few, if any at the time had 15 stop pedal runs on a daily basis.
They were one of the first to switch to 53' trailers early on, even had some custom one built. 53" X 96" wide so the y could access the Parkesburg facilities on Rt. 372 to avoid the 18-mile detour around the 102" prohibited town of Parkesburg.
I met and spoke with Pete Latta on a regular basis, smart man. smart family...

I was a daily visitor to Pyles Parkesburg Pa. warehouses, and I agree, few companies are as savvy as A D Pyle. One of the big differences is, while ADP is an LTL carrier most of their freight is multiple skids, not much small volume. Very few, if any at the time had 15 stop pedal runs on a daily basis.
They were one of the first to switch to 53' trailers early on, even had some custom one built. 53" X 96" wide so the y could access the Parkesburg facilities on Rt. 372 to avoid the 18-mile detour around the 102" prohibited town of Parkesburg.
Is Parkesburg a suburb of Scranton?

Holland used 53 foot trailers and did real well and made good profit until Yellow fever got ahold of them and destroyed them.

Holland used 53 foot trailers and did real well and made good profit until Yellow fever got ahold of them and destroyed them.
I don't know how far they go but Pete Ohio and Everett run 53s
One more time, regional and long haul are two very different business models. Vans make sense for regional - floor load, next day, etc. - while pups make sense for long haul - high and tight, going the distance.

I met and spoke with Pete Latta on a regular basis, smart man. smart family..
I hear he got this idea from Slave. :1036316054: