Pitt-Ohio | Linehaul

you do what ever they tell you to do or your gone! they suck or if you want to work for them your gonna have to suck (if you know what i mean) STAY AWAY !!!
I seen add for 39th street , thanks for the warning i see them fueling on 30 min break on the tollroad so thats a clue they suck

What is top pay for linehaul and are you forced to work the dock or is it a option? TIAp
You’ve probably found another job by now but here’s some info anyway. I’ve been there 12 years, 9 on linehaul, and never sucked anything or fueled outside of a terminal. Pittsburgh has some CNG trucks that will fuel on the turnpike if the CNG pump across from the terminal is down but the drivers wouldn’t be on their lunch breaks because they would be near the end of their run and past the 8 hour lunch requirement. There are 3 rates, based on the cost of living where the terminal is. I’m in the middle category and receive .6324 mile, $9.50 for drop and hook, and $27.63 hr for other job related tasks. Health insurance is 80/20 with no deductibles or premiums for you or your family. The only exception is if your spouse has coverage available through their job Pitt will not cover them. I don’t know where 39th street is but if you still have questions post them here and I’ll answer them the best I can.

You’ve probably found another job by now but here’s some info anyway. I’ve been there 12 years, 9 on linehaul, and never sucked anything or fueled outside of a terminal. Pittsburgh has some CNG trucks that will fuel on the turnpike if the CNG pump across from the terminal is down but the drivers wouldn’t be on their lunch breaks because they would be near the end of their run and past the 8 hour lunch requirement. There are 3 rates, based on the cost of living where the terminal is. I’m in the middle category and receive .6324 mile, $9.50 for drop and hook, and $27.63 hr for other job related tasks. Health insurance is 80/20 with no deductibles or premiums for you or your family. The only exception is if your spouse has coverage available through their job Pitt will not cover them. I don’t know where 39th street is but if you still have questions post them here and I’ll answer them the best I can.
Great post.... every job has its downsides..... you just need to be happy with it for yourself.

Great post.... every job has its downsides..... you just need to be happy with it for yourself.
I just don’t like to see someone given misinformation, and in this case not even get a straight answer to their question. I do t know how it was determined that the driver at the plaza was on a lunch break, but we get paid 15 minutes for fueling and if they were on their lunch break while fueling, that’s was by choice and not because anyone told them to. As for being told what to do well, that’s life when you work for someone else and if following directions is not your thing then you might have a problem holding a job anywhere. Pitt Ohio is not without its flaws, but no trucking company is. It’s like you said, find what works best for you. Personally, I prefer a smaller, regional company over one of the big national companies and their multiple levels of management.

I just don’t like to see someone given misinformation, and in this case not even get a straight answer to their question. I do t know how it was determined that the driver at the plaza was on a lunch break, but we get paid 15 minutes for fueling and if they were on their lunch break while fueling, that’s was by choice and not because anyone told them to. As for being told what to do well, that’s life when you work for someone else and if following directions is not your thing then you might have a problem holding a job anywhere. Pitt Ohio is not without its flaws, but no trucking company is. It’s like you said, find what works best for you. Personally, I prefer a smaller, regional company over one of the big national companies and their multiple levels of management.
I've done both.... actually I worked at pjax for a few years .... don Hamill sr was my dispatcher.... boss... the guy I talked directly to..... he was the owner. Very nice guy.

I prefer where I am at now.... Holland.....

I've done both.... actually I worked at pjax for a few years .... don Hamill sr was my dispatcher.... boss... the guy I talked directly to..... he was the owner. Very nice guy.

I prefer where I am at now.... Holland.....
Good deal. If I were younger I might be more adventurous and see if I’d be happier elsewhere, but I’m 58 and thinking about semi-retirement at 62 and am not enthusiastic about starting over at this point if I don’t have to. My biggest issue here is the lack of bid runs and having to wait for a call everyday to find out where I’m going. In the end I don’t see myself regretting having put in the time here that I did, but a with set run I might consider staying longer.