Estes | Linehaul

Roadwayoriginal

TB Lurker
Credits
Howdy, going for an interview for solo linehaul in NJ. Talk to me about pros and cons. I've been with ol yeller for 15yrs and I'm used to long hours.

Howdy, going for an interview for solo linehaul in NJ. Talk to me about pros and cons. I've been with ol yeller for 15yrs and I'm used to long hours.
Unless you are on a bid,usually out Monday till Saturday, good money, very laid back, good time off,assigned equipment, wait times at certain terminals can be longer than others, overall, good freight paying job, they don't hounddog you, as to where you been, really laid back, best of luck

You should have plenty of work. You running out of Pine Brook or Edison perhaps? They both have plenty of freight always. The northeast always seems to be rocking no matter what the rest of the country is doing. My best weeks, some were as much as 4000 miles in a 70 hour window were done in the northeast. Just do your thing to your own pace and keep the camera happy and you’ll be good to go. The hardest thing working here after working for a Union line is having to wait for free, it’s really hard to stomach. It’s been several years since I worked for Holland and it’s still hard to stomach to this day sitting around and not getting paid to wait.

You should have plenty of work. You running out of Pine Brook or Edison perhaps? They both have plenty of freight always. The northeast always seems to be rocking no matter what the rest of the country is doing. My best weeks, some were as much as 4000 miles in a 70 hour window were done in the northeast. Just do your thing to your own pace and keep the camera happy and you’ll be good to go. The hardest thing working here after working for a Union line is having to wait for free, it’s really hard to stomach. It’s been several years since I worked for Holland and it’s still hard to stomach to this day sitting around and not getting paid to wait.
Holland or Estes? Who pays better?

Holland or Estes?

Holland or Estes? Who pays better?
Loop is right, depends on how big the family is,could get costly for insurance, I'm single, so my insurance cost is very minimal, regardless, you wl make close to 100 g,or more, on the board,both good jobs, just depends what you're needs are, just be careful what Holland terminal you work out of,as to the merger with yrc,could effect how much you work in the slow months,

Loop is right, depends on how big the family is,could get costly for insurance, I'm single, so my insurance cost is very minimal, regardless, you wl make close to 100 g,or more, on the board,both good jobs, just depends what you're needs are, just be careful what Holland terminal you work out of,as to the merger with yrc,could effect how much you work in the slow months,
Or costly after medical procedure