SAIA | Linehaul

I’m curious about this as well. Also are you paid for dropping/hooking/fueling? Or is it just straight mileage? They seem to be the only major hiring l/h in my area but I’m a little gun shy about applying after reading through some of these threads...

What is to fear is that HR was in the area too see about recruiting from our local truck driving school. Swear to it. Chalk up another bad decision on top of an already bad decision. Good job RO and company, way to dig your heals in. Morons!

In general no but on occasion you may be required to do a work off at a dark terminal or strip a trailer to make empties

Be aware, not all LTL are the same. Saia like Estes, keeps their drivers out most of the week. So essentially its regional with a bump in pay. Not that appealing to me if I were pounding the pavement looking for a job.

Working the dock depends on the run itself. As previously stated, you may have to strip a trailer for an empty or do a work off at a dark terminal.

Saia does not pay L/H for fueling. You do get paid for drop and hooks. And when you arrive, you are required to put your front pup on the door. Back pup is at supervisor discretion, and is supposed to be paid. But if you do your homework, lots of times that extra pup is conveniently forgotten

Be aware, not all LTL are the same. Saia like Estes, keeps their drivers out most of the week. So essentially its regional with a bump in pay. Not that appealing to me if I were pounding the pavement looking for a job.

If you're on the system. Bottom of the list turn around bid runs bring in about 1500/wk at around 40 hrs on their 70, and they're home everyday, or night.

Good luck finding a regional carrier that compares to the pay to hours worked ratio.

If you're on the system. Bottom of the list turn around bid runs bring in about 1500/wk at around 40 hrs on their 70, and they're home everyday, or night.

Good luck finding a regional carrier that compares to the pay to hours worked ratio.

Yes, but the vast majority start in "System" which was my whole point. The man should be made aware he may not be coming home during the week if he signs on with SAIA

Yes, but the vast majority start in "System" which was my whole point. The man should be made aware he may not be coming home during the week if he signs on with SAIA
I hear central gets you home twice during the week. This came about due to the discomfort you mention. Pretty sure most companies jr L/H positions are similiar. I guess FXF, UPSF may be different. But OD, Estes, Holland all bag out. Hell I bagged out Fri nights on a bid run for 900 extra miles every chance I got. Doesn’t mention his location. Could hire into a bid. Many have.

I hear central gets you home twice during the week. This came about due to the discomfort you mention. Pretty sure most companies jr L/H positions are similiar. I guess FXF, UPSF may be different. But OD, Estes, Holland all bag out. Hell I bagged out Fri nights on a bid run for 900 extra miles every chance I got. Doesn’t mention his location. Could hire into a bid. Many have.
Go work for central and you’ll wish you were back at Saia

You’re right White, my apologies. You guys would have an awesome company if they could figure out how to get their line haul guys home every night

Central Dispatch jackass. And I’m happy to BE at Saia. Wtf. Guess I should’ve clarified when responding to a non-employee (no offense Ice). But ******* people mind your own business. Guy is asking questions and people that don’t work here are responding.
Would burr ridge have any open bids ?

When I ran L/H system, I brought a bag with me planning to be gone for the full week. It was probably 50/50, home every couple of days vs. gone for the week. Depends on freight volumes. There was one time I ended up 1500 miles from home on Wednesday AM when I laid down. Didn't make it home until Saturday morning and had to do some creative logging to be legal.