XPO | Linehaulers..do you take your break?

Nobody answered the original question and that is why does the junior guy's like # 3,4,5 for example have to wait for the #1,2 driver's to dispatch. He is saying he has to stand around and for what, if the fac that he is going to wouldn't go by this dispatch thing, then they could dispatch in any order and still leave out in there seniority spot from the fac. This is silly, and it does happen where guy's have to stand around for no reason and say'have you dispatched yet"?

i have a 554 mile meet & turn i hardly ever take a break but with the new hours of service rules thats gonna change

Back when we used to have first in first out, that was crazy. If you have a run were you had 10-20 guy's going and they hand loads to 8 guy's at the same time, and the first guy in get's to leave first? What kind of policy is that? It created so many problem's among the driver's and not to mention the safety part, there is alway's a couple guy's that are going to do anything they can do to be the first one in. You couldn't even stop to take a leak, even though you might be the number#1 driver but you end up being number#8 if you have to go the bathroom. That was insane. Luckily, they didn't enforce it most of the time, but as soon as somebody would tick of a fos, they would enforce it as retaliation because they knew it caused driver's to argue. Now as long as your not late you hold your seniorty spot, but I heard that some terminals say it's who dispatches first? So guy's will stand around and can't leave until the #1 and #2 ect ect dispatche in the right order. I don't get that, if that's true.
i know a driver in texas that ran towards san antonio who wore a male diaper so he could be first in first out

i know a driver in texas that ran towards san antonio who wore a male diaper so he could be first in first out
:smilie93C_peelout:That's funny and I wouldn't doubt it, guys were pissing in gallon jugs so they didn't have to stop....I know Jerry D. insisted that we have first in first out, no air conditioning, and no spliting up vacation day's, whole week's only. Probabley a good thing they pushed him on down the road...:coffee1:

Nobody answered the original question and that is why does the junior guy's like # 3,4,5 for example have to wait for the #1,2 driver's to dispatch. He is saying he has to stand around and for what, if the fac that he is going to wouldn't go by this dispatch thing, then they could dispatch in any order and still leave out in there seniority spot from the fac. This is silly, and it does happen where guy's have to stand around for no reason and say'have you dispatched yet"?

The original question? Maybe you should go back and read the first post of the thread cause that was the original question. It had nothing to do with junior guys waiting for senior guys to dispatch. You should create your own thread to complain about those things. This thread was asking if linehaulers take their lunch.

Did you answer the original question?

The original question? Maybe you should go back and read the first post of the thread cause that was the original question. It had nothing to do with junior guys waiting for senior guys to dispatch. You should create your own thread to complain about those things. This thread was asking if linehaulers take their lunch.

Did you answer the original question?
Yes, I did just not in this thread. I think it was in the HOS rules, but anyway I do not stop and take a lunch and I don't show any break's. I might stop for 5 minutes to grab something but otherwise I take my lunch with me.