ODFL | List Od Ridiculous Stuff

When your route is canceled for weather, but they force you to go somewhere else that ends up getting worse weather then your route.
How about carrying locks that's so stupid just always leave them on the trailer. Dock can open and lock them as needed. Carrying handbook when it's on the ess. STUPID. Trailers never ready when they're supposed to be. EVER.

Having a new routing system that may or may not be that great.Load a route up with freight that is here. Then loader takes manifest back to podium. Hour later everything has arrived so supervisor hands out manifest to load the rest on the rear of the trailer of course.Now it's not in order.

Or load residentials on 48 or non liftgate trailer.

Mention it to dispatch and they say you can go "fix it" if you need to.Or meet another driver later to swap the freight.

Then why load it to end up reloading it?

Having a new routing system that may or may not be that great.Load a route up with freight that is here. Then loader takes manifest back to podium. Hour later everything has arrived so supervisor hands out manifest to load the rest on the rear of the trailer of course.Now it's not in order.

Mention it to dispatch and they say you can go "fix it" if you need to.Or meet another driver later to swap the freight.

:idunno:

Was a supervisor for a long. I'm sure I did some knucklehead stuff.But I have become that guy.That driver who will gripe about the routing,the loading or the condition of a load.I hate bringing anything back and hate when they load it like it's a race to push it onto a trailer.

Not in order?

“That’s what pallet jacks are for, driver.”

But what about this 6 foot wide skid settin right on the back that’s stop 15?

“uh... um....”

Don’t bother. I already know yer an idiot.

Running me to a terminal thats shut down for bad weather (of course they dont let me know that ) l guess the drivers at that terminal are special

Happens to team drivers all day long. You get a decent load that might take you away from the weather but 1/3 of a way into your trip you get rerouted to different hub because there's nobody to cover the load aka nobody wants to go there so let's force a team truck with single axle and light trailers into the ::shit:: storm

Happens to team drivers all day long. You get a decent load that might take you away from the weather but 1/3 of a way into your trip you get rerouted to different hub because there's nobody to cover the load aka nobody wants to go there so let's force a team truck with single axle and light trailers into the :::shit::: storm
Denny’s is hiring. Mickey D’s is looking. Welcome to trucking hand. A number of years ago another driver and myself volunteered to run a run. Nobody else wanted to face the weather. It took us 3 days and 2 nights to complete it. Usually it can be done in 10 hours.

Denny’s is hiring. Mickey D’s is looking. Welcome to trucking hand. A number of years ago another driver and myself volunteered to run a run. Nobody else wanted to face the weather. It took us 3 days and 2 nights to complete it. Usually it can be done in 10 hours.
And you lost money in the process of volunteering and running it.Don't believe you got any extra pay.lol

Thats kinda how conversations with stupidvisors usually go

feels like I lose brain cells every time i gotta talk to somebody in the office
I was a supervisor for a long time.Like I said. I'm sure I did some knucklehead stuff.Tried to listen when I could.But truckers are stubborn right?

I was a supervisor for a long time.Like I said. I'm sure I did some knucklehead stuff.Tried to listen when I could.But truckers are stubborn right?
Well then, I gotta give ya a little credit...

We pretty much git tuned out cuz of the idjits that bitch about what color the trucks are, so when one of us actually has a legit beef it falls on deaf ears and it drives me bananas. I hate bein lumped in with that bunch

Well then, I gotta give ya a little credit...

We pretty much git tuned out cuz of the idjits that bitch about what color the trucks are, so when one of us actually has a legit beef it falls on deaf ears and it drives me bananas. I hate bein lumped in with that bunch

Exactly, how about when you have a legitimate complaint and documented or photo or whatever facts of the issue, you go to your management at the terminal they blow it off and make some kind of an excuse. So you call corporate they give you a little validation for your concern, but end the call with asking, did you talk to your terminal management? B**** I don't even know why there is management at the terminal, they just blame everything on corporate .

He might have but in return he got respect and run every time before the deadweight when it got slow
Exactly. They knew that if there’s weather, we’d make while the others wouldn’t. I’m talking about the senior drivers, not the trucking school graduates. “Oh I have a snowflake on my windshield, I can’t make it.” That’s if they even come to work. Lol.

Back to the most ridiculous. It’s snowing up north, SEA and OLY and so you show up to work in shorts???? You get stuck at a certain terminal, with no chains on. You have the dock workers come out and dig you out, while you sit in your tractor. The dock worker’s finally say it’s your problem driver. You sit there for a extraordinary amount of time. I don’t remember how or who threw iron for this driver.

Another one, driver covers a run while scheduled driver is on vacation. You can’t break and put away the trailers because you claim that you don’t have time. But you have time to be inside complaining and BS’ing. Hmmm, I wonder if he claimed 4 drops.