XPO | List of FACs

doughrek

TB Lurker
Credits
Is there a list of all Con-Ways FACs somewhere? If not can we start one? I'm just curious how many we have, and where they are located. Might help my decision making if I ever decide to transfer. :thumbsup:

[quote author=doughrek link=topic=80203.msg830051#msg830051 date=1273944619]
Is there a list of all Con-Ways FACs somewhere? If not can we start one? I'm just curious how many we have, and where they are located. Might help my decision making if I ever decide to transfer. :thumbsup:
[/quote]Be careful transfering, because the way they change things in an instant, that FAC could turn into an end-of-line terminal any day.
I'm sure if you ask about a specific area, then somebody could tell you about all the FAC's in that area. I know I could tell you all of the FAC's in the N. Texas area.

[quote author=doughrek link=topic=80203.msg830051#msg830051 date=1273944619]
[/quote]

XIN-Indianapolis IN 200+ doors
XCN-Cincinatti OH
XCA-Charleston WV
XAY-Lordstown OH
XDE-Detroit MI
XCO-Columbus OH
XGH-Gary IN DUMP!
XLA LaSalle IL Big SOB although very narrow!
XCW used to be Coldater MI now located in Fremont IN...old CF terminal..expanded..just shy of 1/4 mile long.
NAT-Atlanta GA
XSL-St Louis MO
XSW-Salem IL...then again maybe not!
XLF-Clearfield PA
XPB-Pittsburg PA
XHG-Hagerstown MD
XCJ-Carlestadt NJ

And perhaps XPH-Philedephia PA

And if IIRC NKX Knoxville TN is an FAC as well.

Some of these may be incorrect...based on old knowledge

Rat

Rat covered the mid-west and I may repeat a few but I can cover the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic for you.

XCV - Carlstadt, NJ
XNJ - Newark, NJ
XAB - Albany, NY
XNW - Newburgh, NY
XPB - Pittsburgh, Pa
XLF - Clearfield, Pa
XMI - Milton (New Columbia), Pa
XHG - Hagerstown, Md (Greencastle, Pa)
NRM - Richmond, Va
NCH - Charlotte, NC
XPP - Portland, Me
XSX - Springfield, Ma
XKR - Scarborough, Ontario Ca
NAT - Atlanta, Ga
XTO - Toledo, Oh

Some Southern ones I know from building loads and talking with Southern drivers.

NBM - Birmingham, Al
NOF - Orlando, Fl
LJS - Jackson, Ms
Shreveport, La - LSL? not sure if that's the code.
LTU - Tulsa, OK

Some meet locations..

XJN - Bedford, Pa Columbus, Oh meets the Mid-Atlantic terminals here. Huge miles for Columbus.
NRO - Roanoke, Va XHG meets Knoxville, Tn here on days and nights.
NLE - Lexington, Va XHG meets Charlotte, NC here on days and nights.
XHG - Greencastle, Pa Newburgh, NY meets Roanoke, Va on days.
XET - Marengo, Oh (ex 140 on 71) Clearfield, Pa meets Louisville and Indy on days.
XEL - Milan, OH Gary, IN meets Lordstown, OH and Clearfield, Pa on days.
XLD - Lodi, Oh Milton, Pa meets Indy on days. Huge miles for both.
XCO - Columbus, Oh Pittsburgh, Pa meets someone - probably Indy.
NAT - Atlanta, Ga I believe Charlotte, NC meets Tallahassee, Fl here.

Some random FAC thoughts.. The good ones are XCV, XNJ, XTO, NRM, and XAY - the bad are XMI, XHG, and XNW in my opinion.. The best I was ever at was XAH Ann Arbor, MI till it was closed as a re-ship. XNW - Newburgh, NY gives me indigestion just thinking about it.. Terrible winter road conditions through Pennsylvania and a dump for a terminal once you get there.. And stay there till 6 AM for no good reason..

couple things to help out jakebrake's post..

XPP Portland, ME is not a reship, has about 12 doors and runs maybe 5 linehaul runs.

XSX Springfield, MA is currently a reship but I will be surprised if it stays that way the rest of the year. Only about 10-12 drivers a night, just left to service the Maine terminals.

XNW Newburgh, NY What are you gonna do? Way to much freight, Average around 120 drivers a night. Drivers still coming in at 4am. Last man out around 6 is pretty good.

[quote author=Blue Tablecloth link=topic=80203.msg830264#msg830264 date=1274016242]
couple things to help out jakebrake's post..

XPP Portland, ME is not a reship, has about 12 doors and runs maybe 5 linehaul runs.

XSX Springfield, MA is currently a reship but I will be surprised if it stays that way the rest of the year. Only about 10-12 drivers a night, just left to service the Maine terminals.

XNW Newburgh, NY What are you gonna do? Way to much freight, Average around 120 drivers a night. Drivers still coming in at 4am. Last man out around 6 is pretty good.
[/quote]

Thanks for the fix there - thought XPP was a reship. I have not been to Newburgh this year since the additional freight was added there - nor do I plan on it. Word has it some freight is gonna be shifted from Newburgh down to Newark beginning Monday though which might help a little. Newburgh probably isn't the worst place ever but I just don't get along with it too well.

Only reship in the New England states is XSX Springfield MA. Bangor and Portland Maine are tiny terminals and run linehaul to Springfield. All other terminals in New England run to XNW Newburgh NY.

[quote author=Blue Tablecloth link=topic=80203.msg830487#msg830487 date=1274062311]
Only reship in the New England states is XSX Springfield MA. Bangor and Portland Maine are tiny terminals and run linehaul to Springfield. All other terminals in New England run to XNW Newburgh NY.
[/quote]

How does the freight make it up to the Northeast Canadian Provinces like Nova Scotia? Is there some kind of reship or consolidation point up there? We load the Canadian freight into the XSX lane and I thought it then broke at XPP but I guess not..

The freight gets sorted out in XSX. Canadian Freight gets loaded onto its own pups at XSX. Then goes to XAG then on to the zones. XPP has nothing to do with the canadian stuff, they cover the lower portion of Maine. They are now loading purchase trailers in Newburgh with XAG and canadian freight, so that must get sorted on XAG dock. Believe me, XPP and XAG have got to be 2 of the smallest barns in the system. XPP is a dirt yard with no fuel.

USB, Fontana Ca..ULA, Santa Fe Springs Ca.. UBY, Blythe Ca.. UKC, Kettleman City Ca..USA, Sacramento Ca..UPO, Portland OR.. That's the ones I know of on the left coast. Personally I think USB is the best and UPO loads like crap.
:guiness:

[quote author=prezars link=topic=80203.msg830659#msg830659 date=1274112035]
USB, Fontana Ca..ULA, Santa Fe Springs Ca.. UBY, Blythe Ca.. UKC, Kettleman City Ca..USA, Sacramento Ca..UPO, Portland OR.. That's the ones I know of on the left coast. Personally I think USB is the best and UPO loads like crap.
:guiness:
[/quote]

Do you guys run a lot of long meet and turns out there too?

Shreveport, LA.....LSL
Dallas, TX...........LDA
Little Rock, AR ....LLR
Memphis, TN.......MNP
Nashville, TN.......NNA (? not quite sure)
Texarkana, AR......LTA
Decatur, AL ........NDE
Jonesboro, AR......LJB
Springdale, AR.....LSD
Fort Smith, AR......LFS

[quote author=jakebrake12 link=topic=80203.msg830208#msg830208 date=1273992289]
Some random FAC thoughts.. The good ones are XCV, XNJ, XTO, NRM, and XAY - the bad are XMI, XHG, and XNW in my opinion.. The best I was ever at was XAH Ann Arbor, MI till it was closed as a re-ship. XNW - Newburgh, NY gives me indigestion just thinking about it.. Terrible winter road conditions through Pennsylvania and a dump for a terminal once you get there.. And stay there till 6 AM for no good reason..
[/quote]

your righe about xnw its a dump just dont go to the mens room down stairs where the crap over flows ans is all over the floor

Western FAC's that I know of

ULA-Santa Fe Springs, CA
USB-Fontana, CA
UBY-Blythe,CA
UKC-Kettleman City, CA
USA-Sacramento,CA
UBF-Bakersfield,CA "very,very,very small operation"
UPW-Pasco,WA
UPO-Portland,OR "I think"
USE-Seattle,WA "I think"
UBU-Butte, MT "I think this is an FAC"
UPH-Phoenix,AZ