XPO | Little Stuff...

No wonder dockworkers are turning down cdl training when they have to go back to starting pay when they sign up for school.

Why make them go back to the starting pay when they still work the dock just the same as before ( when they are not training for their cdl ) ?

Am I wrong , or is next to impossible to convince people that already work here to take a promotion?

Seens like the majority of positions being filled are by people coming from the outside.

Am I wrong , or is next to impossible to convince people that already work here to take a promotion?

Seens like the majority of positions being filled are by people coming from the outside.
I would take a FOS position if it paid me what I make now. Not doin’ it for $1,200/wk.

I think things was going down hill with conway. But I will say we are headed over the cliff at a rapid pace. It may be time to abandoned the ship. Sad

I count on my handheld being the lead device ... it WILL override whatever start time VNomics has me down for.
This is not accurate.
I arrive at the customer , go to Hours of Service and back up to 6am and give it a few minutes , and it will log the VNomics out ( you have been logged out by another device message ) then you log back in and check your graph , it will be adjusted to the handheld start time.
This is not accurate.

Why are drivers still opening up their door to look behind them when they are backing up?

I learned how to drive that way. It's how I was taught. And it's incredibly easy to do. Looks a little ridiculous. But I ain't so pretty as to be worried about it. However, these Cascadias do have climate control. And I have learned how to back up with the door closed.

Suppose to eliminate hourly bonuses. ( management left out )

The solution was a 1.5% raise ( is what I was told )

This is company wide.

Wonder why management ( FOS's and FOM's and TM's ) are left out?

This is company wide.

Management actually have a hand in the day to day operations. We really don't. Not any more.

Talking with dockworker the other day. She said she has a title: Lead Dockworker. Also she said she will get a raise to go with this title.

Is this a thing now? Pay increases with titles for hourly workers?

This is company wide.

My mistake , not 1.5% , raise replacing bonuses is 1.25%