XPO | Little Stuff...

Apathy has taken over somewhat. So many have left and those that remain don't see the burden as one worth bearing.
That I do see happening. It's as if every one is giving up. Those they are bringing in new care even less.

I remember guys even up to this year trying to say nothing has changed and its still just like Con-way....bullshit !
Its 100% different and not in a good way.

Any thoughts on the new OFFICIAL linehaul rest policy? You get two optional 15 minute rest breaks. You also have a 30 minute break.

Finally , if more rest is required for safe driving there's a 5 step process where you have to get permission from your manager or supervisor. If they do not answer , you have to call linehaul and get permission.

Are drivers taking rest breaks that big of a problem?

Any thoughts on the new OFFICIAL linehaul rest policy? You get two optional 15 minute rest breaks. You also have a 30 minute break.

Finally , if more rest is required for safe driving there's a 5 step process where you have to get permission from your manager or supervisor. If they do not answer , you have to call linehaul and get permission.

I think that some drivers abuse the term “rest” and sleep on the side of the road (for an extended period of time) instead of at home. I’ve never heard a driver call anyone to get a break approved. I think this policy is in place for those consistently delaying freight on either end of a l/h run. Every barn has one, or several.

I think that some drivers abuse the term “rest” and sleep on the side of the road (for an extended period of time) instead of at home. I’ve never heard a driver call anyone to get a break approved. I think this policy is in place for those consistently delaying freight on either end of a l/h run. Every barn has one, or several.

Or several, indeed. There is always some asshat that has to push things to far and ruin it for everyone. Because once they are getting away with it, then everybody else expects to get away with it. Until management has to finally do something about it.

Was I dreaming? Was the fifteen minute break, stated on log book, for years? Hence the fifteen minute grace period on your runs cut time. If the sandman is kicking your ass, take a rest. We are safety professionals. I have never heard of any driver have to call in to advise the brass of a safety break. The freight will get there, when I get there, safe and sound. There are of course, some who chronically abuse them breaks. It is the life we choose.

Was I dreaming? Was the fifteen minute break, stated on log book, for years? Hence the fifteen minute grace period on your runs cut time. If the sandman is kicking your ass, take a rest. We are safety professionals. I have never heard of any driver have to call in to advise the brass of a safety break. The freight will get there, when I get there, safe and sound. There are of course, some who chronically abuse them breaks. It is the life we choose.

4ZGRW64.jpg

Would you rather come pick your freight up all over the roadway/center median/shoulder/ditch? Or would you rather I take that extra 15 minutes? You choose. But there is still no accountability for the abusers that I’ve seen.

Always been in place. Funny thing is when you call linehaul, they say why are you telling me?
Up in the header the date is December 20 , 2018. I don't know...it seems like a way to to weasel out of work for management types.

The habitual offenders are known to management. Instead of focusing on the problem people and making them correct themselves , management issues a blanket statement and washes their hands of having to really do anything.

Up in the header the date is December 20 , 2018. I don't know...it seems like a way to to weasel out of work for management types.

The habitual offenders are known to management. Instead of focusing on the problem people and making them correct themselves , management issues a blanket statement and washes their hands of having to really do anything.
I find that to be true in most situations in life in general. Don’t you!?

I find that to be true in most situations in life in general. Don’t you!?
Actually , yes.

Also there is the move where management goes after the people doing the right thing and somehow doesn't go after the ones who are causing the problems in the first place.

Always been in place. Funny thing is when you call linehaul, they say why are you telling me?

An especially important step if you got some one running behind you looking to skin you back. That ETA adjustment will hold your seniority on the way out the FAC. And it's a simple courtesy to the inbound. We have gone through a bunch of management over the years. Most of them were cool enough that you could call or text them and so long as they were aware of things and they could plan for it, there was never anything said.

That's the problem, the abusers. I have no problem with someone every once is a blue moon pulling over for a 15 to 30min nap. I tired of seeing the same guys parking 10mins from the FAC and sleeping then showing up when the via list comes out so they don't have to work the dock.

No the problem is management has no balls. When I worked at a union carrier they would follow you, in the city and on LH. Nowdays all they have to do is pull it up on the computer and they will know everywhere you been and for how long. I say start pull the abusers in the office and call them out. Remember you can tell them you are to tired to drive and they can also say to you that you look to tired to drive and send you home.