XPO | Little Stuff...

Would you take if the catch was all hours worked are straight time till after 50 and your day off is limited to the middle of the week?
I couldn’t live on 40hrs/wk all year, but some would jump at the chance. As for a day off during the week, I’d take it. Always something to do, doctors, errands etc. some of my best, most productive days off are when the house is empty and nobody is bothering me.

Let me be more specific: XDE is where this supposedly happened.

The bottom four drivers or so were offered to leave and take several grand or be converted over to dockworkers.

Just curious is this accurate and how widespread is this is if it's happening.

Happened in Cincinnati also. Some took transfer to Florence. Again. No dockhands effected. Only drivers.

If they ever try anything but O/T after eight my first call will be the Teamsters . They must know that would never fly .
It works right now in the South. Been this way since inception. Nothing after 8 except 9 - 16. Only ot is after 50. This is all we know down here. Oh wait, we also make about two bucks an hour less than west and north. We know that too.

If they ever try anything but O/T after eight my first call will be the Teamsters . They must know that would never fly .
Most of the other non-union LTL companies have messed up overtime rules with a few exceptions. And don't forget the dockworkers ( which drivers are being converted into ) have O/T after 50 hours. And the dockworkers jacked up O/T is not restricted to one region - it's everywhere.

Most of the other non-union LTL companies have messed up overtime rules with a few exceptions. And don't forget the dockworkers ( which drivers are being converted into ) have O/T after 50 hours. And the dockworkers jacked up O/T is not restricted to one region - it's everywhere.
Lowering the bar .

It's the only reason it hasn't happened already. If they thought they could do it. They would. We can't get or keep drivers under current conditions. Making it worse will only empty out what few loiterers we have remaining.

It works right now in the South. Been this way since inception. Nothing after 8 except 9 - 16. Only ot is after 50. This is all we know down here. Oh wait, we also make about two bucks an hour less than west and north. We know that too.

I guess your great grand daddy should have put down somewhere further north.

I don't see the problem with a 10hr/4day work week. The one union place I worked at had the same thing and alot of guys loved it. I also know some that work in a 24/7 365 jobs and work 12hr shift 3on 2off 2on 3off so basically they work only half the month of February. It all what you want I know alot of guy at my barn would love the 4/10s with either the long weekend or the Wednesday off setup.

I don't see the problem with a 10hr/4day work week. The one union place I worked at had the same thing and alot of guys loved it. I also know some that work in a 24/7 365 jobs and work 12hr shift 3on 2off 2on 3off so basically they work only half the month of February. It all what you want I know alot of guy at my barn would love the 4/10s with either the long weekend or the Wednesday off setup.

Agreed. When you start talking about giving guys Tuesday or Thursday off. That's when you get some griping. But long weekends is obviously going to be awesome for most people. And having Wednesday off means you never work more than two days in a row. Pretty sweet. I have worked the 4-10s back in the day. It was a Mon-Thurs this week and Mon-Wed next week set up. Paid every two weeks there. So it all lined up.

Agreed. When you start talking about giving guys Tuesday or Thursday off. That's when you get some griping. But long weekends is obviously going to be awesome for most people. And having Wednesday off means you never work more than two days in a row. Pretty sweet. I have worked the 4-10s back in the day. It was a Mon-Thurs this week and Mon-Wed next week set up. Paid every two weeks there. So it all lined up.
The one thing people forget about is the amount you would save by not going in one day a week. On thing like gas, wear and tear on you car. I have a buddy that driver over the road goes in on Mon and comes home Fri. He only put 40miles a week on his car were I do that every day

Last edited:
The one thing people forget about is the amount you would say by not going in one day a week. On thing like gas, wear and tear on you car. I have a buddy that driver over the road goes in on Mon and comes home Fri. He only put 40miles a week on his car were I do that every day

Exactly. Coming to work is an expense. The wife transferred to a store right here where we live. It cost her $2 an hour. But when you add up fuel and maintenance and consider the depreciation of running up all those miles on the vehicle. Plus factor in she wasn't paying an extra local tax any more. As well as getting to use that commute time as do anything else time. It was obviously more than worth it.

Last edited: