XPO | Little Stuff...

Exactly. Coming to work is an expense. They wife transferred to a store right here where we live. It cost her $2 an hour. But when you add up fuel and maintenance and consider the depreciation of running up all those miles on the vehicle. Plus factor in she wasn't paying an extra local tax any more. As well as getting to use that commute time as do anything else time. It was obviously more than worth it.
Just think of what you can save if you work at home. Were the wife works they lost a few to that. The pay cut was less then what they are saving in other expensive

Just think of what you can save if you work at home. Were the wife works they lost a few to that. The pay cut was less then what they are saving in other expensive

To bad our career isn't stay at home friendly. It's kinda the opposite. I go to other peoples houses. LOL

To bad our career isn't stay at home friendly. It's kinda the opposite. I go to other peoples houses. LOL
Don't worry by the time it's all said and done , you'll be able to sit at your console ( at home ) provided by whichever company and steer that tractor like a video game. The computer will do all of the real driving , we'll be there for insurance reasons. Lawyers.

Don't worry by the time it's all said and done , you'll be able to sit at your console ( at home ) provided by whichever company and steer that tractor like a video game. The computer will do all of the real driving , we'll be there for insurance reasons. Lawyers.
Grand Theft Auto. The truckers addition

kskqc3m.jpg

V3x6Mr7.jpg

uV2i2td.jpg

Thor24
Sometimes you happen upon the sight of something that resists all sense and sanity, a material phenomenon defying attempts to settle on a single, definable emotion. Today, that sight is Thor24, which is what would result if Optimus Prime had starred in "The Joker" instead of Joaquin Phoenix. The backstory is summed up as property developer Mike Harrah getting one of those "Because I can" ideas that started with a 1979 Peterbilt 359, and soon involved an engine that would come to be nicknamed "Big Mike." As Automobile explains, that engine is actually two 12-cylinder Detroit Diesel 12V71 two-stroke engines joined nose-to-nose, with a combined displacement of 1,704 cubic inches or 27.9 liters, and more than 3,400 horsepower. It took seven years and $7 million to build, which is merely the beginning.

From - autoblog.com

Last edited:
kskqc3m.jpg

V3x6Mr7.jpg

uV2i2td.jpg

Thor24
Sometimes you happen upon the sight of something that resists all sense and sanity, a material phenomenon defying attempts to settle on a single, definable emotion. Today, that sight is Thor24, which is what would result if Optimus Prime had starred in "The Joker" instead of Joaquin Phoenix. The backstory is summed up as property developer Mike Harrah getting one of those "Because I can" ideas that started with a 1979 Peterbilt 359, and soon involved an engine that would come to be nicknamed "Big Mike." As Automobile explains, that engine is actually two 12-cylinder Detroit Diesel 12V71 two-stroke engines joined nose-to-nose, with a combined displacement of 1,704 cubic inches or 27.9 liters, and more than 3,400 horsepower. It took seven years and $7 million to build, which is merely the beginning.

From - autoblog.com

1.6 mpg. And you can't see anything but engine out of the cab. But it does look cool.

kskqc3m.jpg

V3x6Mr7.jpg

uV2i2td.jpg

Thor24

From - autoblog.com
I love cool looking trucks but I sure in hell could have found better places to put $7 million

Did anybody get calendars to pass out to customers?

Since the switch to XPO calendars have been nearly impossible to get ahold of.

I'm sure XPO is saving tens of dollars by not providing these for customers.

We got some. Not nearly the same as years past. Used to be a big deal handing these out. I'd leave with 40 or so. It really helped to make a customer feel special. Amazing how such a simple gesture can mean so much. But you can't fit that in the algorithm.

Each driver got 2 calendars to pass out at our barn

We never got one last year , this year piles of them ! I am handing them out like candy !

We never got one last year , this year piles of them ! I am handing them out like candy !
I guess it's location , location. Our account executive has them all in the company car and chooses to give them out exclusively - drivers are not necessary.

Just for the record XPO Logistics LTL doesn't do television or radio commercials to my knowledge. XPO's LTL has little to no presence online. I've never witnessed any outdoor advertising ( outside of what's on the equipment and uniforms )

Sooooooo , you are left with word-of-mouth and calendars. Wow. Upper management , really? SMDH.

kskqc3m.jpg

V3x6Mr7.jpg

uV2i2td.jpg

Thor24

From - autoblog.com
But can it hook a trailer & go deliver some freight? I know it is a a show truck. But a truck is a truck. It delivers product. Does this one?

kskqc3m.jpg

V3x6Mr7.jpg

uV2i2td.jpg

Thor24

From - autoblog.com
Now I believe we all have @ one time or another been backing in & our foot slipped on the clutch & slammed in to the dock. So, I got to thinking, what would happen if I was using 3400 horses just a little above idle speed & my foot slipped? Would I still need a lumper to unload? Would the skidded freight land in the perfect spot negating the need for a forklift driver? Would I be barred? And last but not least, how would I explain my new unloading skills to dispatch? Von.

kskqc3m.jpg

V3x6Mr7.jpg

uV2i2td.jpg

Thor24

From - autoblog.com
Now you finally got lucky & found a spot in the truck stop to park. Not an easy feat now days. You are in you 2nd hour of sleep & these 3400 horses’ parks next to you. It is 5° below. Now you know he is gonna idle all night & about 1000 rpm. Ya knock on their door to complain, but they can’t hear you for all the engine noise. You complain, the truck stop manager tells you it’s a free country. Finally you contact the local Airport Authority Board complaining about the local noise abatement ordinance. This gets you nowhere. Ya can’t move for you are out of hours & the on board recorder will show the violation. What do you do? Von.