XPO | Little Stuff...

There are 25 safe stack bars in a trailer. They are made out of aluminum , mostly. After about a year 20% - 30% of the bars are messed up. After three years , total disaster as far as the being able to use the bars.

I wonder how much it costs? Is it cheaper to fix or just ignore and get new trailers? Throw away trailers. Trash and repeat.
FXF had 2 years of new trailers built with what they called Captive Beams. Same as your trailers. But even they bailed out after 2 years. Their beams are on the dock to be placed any where.

FXF had 2 years of new trailers built with what they called Captive Beams. Same as your trailers. But even they bailed out after 2 years. Their beams are on the dock to be placed any where.
Those are such a pain to load. Can't get your forks up as high, because the mast catches the beams. That's why most of the captive beams are bent or broken. Complete garbage.

Those are such a pain to load. Can't get your forks up as high, because the mast catches the beams. That's why most of the captive beams are bent or broken. Complete garbage.
The money would have been better spent by investing in employees. The retention rate gains would have benefited the company far more then that into the beams. Money was there but they chose the beams.
Those in the trench’s always know better.

Last edited:
The money would have been better spent by investing in employees. The retention rate gains would have benefited the company far more then that into the beams. Money was there but they chose the beams.
Those in the trench’s always know better.
To backtrack , would have meant admitting defeat. Admitting you are wrong is NOT what management does.

To backtrack , would have meant admitting defeat. Admitting you are wrong is NOT what management does.
The oldtimers, original owners pretty much would try anything, if it worked great if it didn't then move on. The ones I knew always listened to the employees who weren't there exclusively to screw them. A lost personality trait in this day and age to admit you were wrong and move on. Damn shame

The oldtimers, original owners pretty much would try anything, if it worked great if it didn't then move on. The ones I knew always listened to the employees who weren't there exclusively to screw them. A lost personality trait in this day and age to admit you were wrong and move on. Damn shame
Con-way went all in from the get go with safe stack.( Guaranteed some executive got a kick back for pushing it through) . Xpo followed it blindly. I see just as much damage caused by safe stack as it protects. Continual degradation and lack of repair of the system makes it useful only part of the time and time spent putting in place deters most from using it. The damage and worn out parts leave it in operable and a safety hazard not only for the employees but customers. The money spent on it was not worth it.

Truth

Con-way went all in from the get go with safe stack.( Guaranteed some executive got a kick back for pushing it through) . Xpo followed it blindly. I see just as much damage caused by safe stack as it protects. Continual degradation and lack of repair of the system makes it useful only part of the time and time spent putting in place deters most from using it. The damage and worn out parts leave it in operable and a safety hazard not only for the employees but customers. The money spent on it was not worth it.
SafeStack© could easily be made to work with one thing: Accountability.

The technology JUST ISN'T READY TO REPLACE HUMAN DRIVERS YET!

I think this is Waymo out of Houston. Not a lot of snow and ice to deal with down there.

The technology JUST ISN'T READY TO REPLACE HUMAN DRIVERS YET!

I think this is Waymo out of Houston. Not a lot of snow and ice to deal with down there.

Yeah, I would like to see this technology work on icy or wet roads. I was driving one of our new Kenworths, and found that its collision avoidance system is EXTREMELY sensitive. Truck slammed on the brakes when I was doing 65 down the highway, because it thought I was about to hit something. There was nothing in front of me. About put the truck sideways trying to stop.

How is that safer? Every bit of control the truck takes away from the driver is dangerous. Fully autonomous will be a disaster.

Yeah, I would like to see this technology work on icy or wet roads. I was driving one of our new Kenworths, and found that its collision avoidance system is EXTREMELY sensitive. Truck slammed on the brakes when I was doing 65 down the highway, because it thought I was about to hit something. There was nothing in front of me. About put the truck sideways trying to stop.

How is that safer? Every bit of control the truck takes away from the driver is dangerous. Fully autonomous will be a disaster.
Exactly right, retired from FXF and what you just described happens every day! At first the system used to lock it all up just going under an underpass. They seemed to have worked out that bug. One of the worst trips of all time, going downhill in a daytime snowstorm with all the four wheelers cutting in front of you and just trying to guide the set down the hill. But NO, every one cutting you off gets the brakes slammed on so it's all you can do to keep the set straight and out of trouble. Mention this to anyone in safety and they tell you, you're the professional manage the set. I'm trying but RTards like you keep making it nearly impossible. I

Exactly right, retired from FXF and what you just described happens every day! At first the system used to lock it all up just going under an underpass. They seemed to have worked out that bug. One of the worst trips of all time, going downhill in a daytime snowstorm with all the four wheelers cutting in front of you and just trying to guide the set down the hill. But NO, every one cutting you off gets the brakes slammed on so it's all you can do to keep the set straight and out of trouble. Mention this to anyone in safety and they tell you, you're the professional manage the set. I'm trying but RTards like you keep making it nearly impossible. I
There is zero testing of this in winter conditions here in canada. This will not work in the snow belt or in Canada.