XPO | Little Stuff...

. Mention this to anyone in safety and they tell you, you're the professional manage the set. I'm trying but RTards like you keep making it nearly impossible. I
Ahh yes. Those that have never done it, tell those that do it for a living how it should be done. We had a manger and safety guy tell one driver it should take less then 20min to hook a set. Driver tossed the keys on the table and said show me. They walked out.

There is zero testing of this in winter conditions here in canada. This will not work in the snow belt or in Canada.
Hell in were I'm at I had the system go done in snow and ice storms saying "Radar blocked" I get to the FAC and it covered in ice and snow. Though were we told weather does not effect these system.

I did ask the safety guy how an I suppose to use the cruise control when the radar get blocked with snow and ice.....:lmao:

If you've never had an issue where you've been cited , and you've never been involved with any issue that's went on your DAQ , and you have millions of miles driving... shouldn't you be considered a Million Mile driver?

Even if XPO doesn't recognize you for whatever reason?

For example - We had a driver leave with a spotless record after working at Con-Way/XPO for around 14 - 15 years. Driver came back after a little over a year gone , was given the same employee number , and they recognize the driver's history , but will not award the driver the million miles.

If you've never had an issue where you've been cited , and you've never been involved with any issue that's went on your DAQ , and you have millions of miles driving... shouldn't you be considered a Million Mile driver?

For example - We had a driver leave with a spotless record after working at Con-Way/XPO for around 14 - 15 years. Driver came back after a little over a year gone , was given the same employee number , and they recognize the driver's history , but will not award the driver the million miles.
It has to be continuous years at Con-way/Xpo. He starts his count over with his rehire date. It seems it would not be fair to drivers who had continuous years of service if it was done any other way . Where would you draw the line . A worker leave for 3 yrs and come back and continues from where he left off ?

What's the big deal. The million mile driver award is handed out to drivers even though they never drove the million miles.

Ratchet Strap Tutorial - They're on the way...

Exactly what do the ratchet straps offer over the pull-to-tighten straps?

Leverage. von
XPO is switching from the pull-to-tighten straps to ratchet straps.

You are correct as far as leverage , but it seems unnecessary to change from one to the other from my standpoint.

These ratchet straps are big , bulky , and more easily damaged than the pull straps. Also , most likely , more expensive and easier to misuse. I can see knuckleheads cranking the ratchets down until freight looks like an hourglass. ⌛

Last edited:
Today I applied for XPO CDL driving job. Does anyone on the forum here have a valid answer to the question of CAN you smoke in an XPO tractor going down the road? And, for the summertime, (90 degrees outside) does the tractors have A/C.? Thanks….

Today I applied for XPO CDL driving job. Does anyone on the forum here have a valid answer to the question of CAN you smoke in an XPO tractor going down the road? And, for the summertime, (90 degrees outside) does the tractors have A/C.? Thanks….
Company policy is no smoking on any of the company properties in the building and in any company equipment. If you smoke quit or don't smoke in the trucks. This is one thing they don't play around with. I seen employees written up for this. The last thing a TM wants is a driver to call HR about drivers smoking in trucks. Yes A/C

Company policy is no smoking on any of the company properties in the building and in any company equipment. If you smoke quit or don't smoke in the trucks. This is one thing they don't play around with. I seen employees written up for this. The last thing a TM wants is a driver to call HR about drivers smoking in trucks. Yes A/C
Really?? That would be great. It’s too lax at my place, imo