XPO | Little Stuff...

Speculation on YRC’s survival ramps up

On its earnings call with analysts, YRC management said that they wouldn’t be fielding questions from analysts due to a “tremendous amount of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and the rapidly changing environment.”

[YRC] remains in perpetual turnaround mode, the latest referred to as a “multi-year enterprise transformation strategy,” that includes asset utilization initiatives, migrating all of its separate operating units onto the same technology platform, reporting all five brands on a consolidated basis, favorable work rules following the 2019 labor contract implementation, shuttering terminals, closing New Penn’s headquarters, debt restructuring, headcount reductions, a hiring freeze and suspension of short-term incentives.

Stifel Financial (NYSE: SF) equity research analyst David Ross sees the second quarter as “make or break” for the carrier and questions the company’s survival.

“At this point, we believe it’s dependent on two things: a) U.S. government assistance in the form of a grant to cover payroll, health care, and/or other expenses, and b) how quickly volume returns as the economy reopens this month. If we don’t get any good news in the next 30 days, we would not be surprised to see a wind down of operations on or before July 4th weekend.”

From - Freightwaves

They are going to need to pull another rabbit out of the hat. I hope they do. But eventually. This will take it's course.

For those of you doing P&D , have your start times or assignments changed with drivers being off on furloughs?

Routes are ridiculously thin and coverage for pick ups is not good either. Start times are still the same. Getting done much earlier.

Locally there are drivers furloughed as well as dockworkers.

Instead of adjusting any bids linehaul drivers returning in the morning are made to work the dock.

Locally there are drivers furloughed as well as dockworkers.

Instead of adjusting any bids linehaul drivers returning in the morning are made to work the dock.
Let me tell you how that would work out at my place. Hey TM rememeber when we were getting back at say 5-6am well since you now have me working the dock I'm extra tired so now I'm pull over on my way back and taking a nap. See you around 9am

You can't fart in church no one allowed in we are on lockdown. we will put you in jail while we let the real criminals out to make room for you.
I can fart in church starting June 7th! I wonder when prisoners will stop being released? Maybe Obama can pardon a few more?

Did anyone notice if there were more part-time dockworkers off?

According to management that I spoke with , there's no holiday pay for part-timers so , no real incentive to work the day before or after a holiday.

Honestly , why wouldn't you take off before and after every holiday?

According to management that I spoke with , there's no holiday pay for part-timers so , no real incentive to work the day before or after a holiday.

Get what you pay for.

We can't keep dockworkers. I notice new ones. Every so often. But we can't keep dock workers either.