XPO | Little Stuff...

XPO Logistics' Strong Earnings Mean Inflation Isn't Going Away

The company is enjoying strong demand and higher pricing for its services—an example of the inflation other businesses are dealing with.

Profit margins in XPO’s LTL business did fall year over year. That’s one negative from the ( 4th quarter 2021 ) that investors might focus on. Profit margins bottomed out in October, according to the company, and management expects improvement in LTL profit margins throughout 2022.

FROM - Barron's

Lol, anyone know why the charge light on the HH indicates that it is charging while in the cradle but really isn’t charging?!? I mean, seriously…wtf

We could use more pay but I think the reason no one is applying is no one wants to work. They just want to drive pin to pin.
People want to work but the new economy offers higher paying jobs with less risk , less exposure to the weather and better treatment for equivalent or better pay. The problem lies also in the fact that truck driving is still a less respected profession and we are still treated poorly by owners and management.

We just went through a period that showed how needed and crucial drivers are to the economy.
Yet that lesson has been quickly forgotten by those in charge. Also many still are willing to settle for less. ( a small group of our drivers still push for that recognition but unfortunately their coworkers at other terminals do not have support them.) Those that know their value strive to improve conditions for all.
Note : There will be a quick response to what I just said here by those that unfortunately don’t have the gonads to take a stand.

We can do better and we do deserve more. This can only be achieved together.
Strength is in the numbers .

Last edited:
XPO Logistics' Strong Earnings Mean Inflation Isn't Going Away

The company is enjoying strong demand and higher pricing for its services—an example of the inflation other businesses are dealing with.

Profit margins in XPO’s LTL business did fall year over year. That’s one negative from the ( 4th quarter 2021 ) that investors might focus on. Profit margins bottomed out in October, according to the company, and management expects improvement in LTL profit margins throughout 2022.

FROM - Barron's
Where do you think that profit is coming from?

People want to work but the new economy offers higher paying jobs with less risk , less exposure to the weather and better treatment for equivalent or better pay. The problem lies also in the fact that truck driving is still a less respected profession and we are still treated poorly by owners and management.

We just went through a period that showed how needed and crucial drivers are to the economy.
Yet that lesson has been quickly forgotten by those in charge. Also many still are willing to settle for less. ( a small group of our drivers still push for that recognition but unfortunately their coworkers at other terminals do not have support them.) Those that know their value strive to improve conditions for all.
Note : There will be a quick response to what I just said here by those that unfortunately don’t have the gonads to take a stand.

We can do better and we do deserve more. This can only be achieved together.
Strength is in the numbers .
My statement of people wanting to just do pin to pin started before COVID. At my barn we had city drivers,young and old, who just wanted to do as little as possible. They would get back from city runs and expect to be handed runs to Walmart or the like. So why would a driver come in to ltl and have really work.

Did they increase the GVW for this??? What good is the extra 7ft. Frozen/ref food is heavy. every time I pulled a 48" refer at the grocery chain I drove for it was rare it was loaded to the back door due to weight.

Hell most of the drivers on the road can't even handle a 48' let alone adding 7ft to a 53"
We pull heavier weights up here.