XPO | Living the Dream

Seriously, the company started to notice that there was a attitude problem years ago. They said that they wanted to get back to the core values of the company. It was a way that the company would communicate that we were to do whatever we could to keep this company great and profitable. Turns out it was All for them and none for all.

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=80843.msg835495#msg835495 date=1275821928]
It's Con-Ways dream to make as much money for themselves. What does it mean for us as employees? :nutkick:
[/quote]i could be wrong, but did you mean "off the backs" of the workers??

The whole DREAM CRAP has became just that. A big pile of stinking crap . The only people at Con-Way that has their dreams coming true are the upper peeps . They dream about their retirement and how rich they will be . They dream about what they can take from us next. As far as the drivers , at least the ones of us that has been here long enough to watch our pension taken away and watch the pay scale drop. OUR DREAMS are nightmares :stir: :rant:

I am living the dream. I get paid well, I am home everynight, and I have a really nice start time. I can take care of my wife and kids, I live in a nice house and drive a nice car. I get to go fishing at least once a week, sometimes more. I like my job and 99% of the people I work with. What more do you want from life.

You want Con-way to say sorry for pay cuts and more costly benefits? You want Con-way to ask for forgiveness for axing the pension? Its not going to happen because Con-way is a corperation, not a person. You want Con-way to be WHAT????? A kinder, gentler, more careing Con-way? Its a job driver, thats all it ever was and all it ever will be and inspite of all the stuff you read on this board its a really GOOD JOB. We have it better than most and that is pretty good in my book. It is what it is WTF. :threadsux: :threadsux: :threadsux: :threadsux:

[quote author=radman link=topic=80843.msg835657#msg835657 date=1275852877]
I am living the dream. I get paid well, I am home everynight, and I have a really nice start time. I can take care of my wife and kids, I live in a nice house and drive a nice car. I get to go fishing at least once a week, sometimes more. I like my job and 99% of the people I work with. What more do you want from life.

You want Con-way to say sorry for pay cuts and more costly benefits? You want Con-way to ask for forgiveness for axing the pension? Its not going to happen because Con-way is a corperation, not a person. You want Con-way to be WHAT????? A kinder, gentler, more careing Con-way? Its a job driver, thats all it ever was and all it ever will be and inspite of all the stuff you read on this board its a really GOOD JOB. We have it better than most and that is pretty good in my book. It is what it is WTF. :threadsux: :threadsux: :threadsux: :threadsux:
[/quote]

Every since they shut down CF a lot of us has been wondering how they would go about cutting our pay and benefits. The reason they started the Con-Way systems to begin with was they wanted to do away with CF .Anyone that doesn't realize that either is too young and wasn't in the business or is in denial . Now that CF is gone it's time to work on lowering the Con-Way Pay. Now we know. It is only a matter of time before more is cut. While they are cutting the drivers benefits and pay they are keeping their own pockets full . I don't expect any of them to be kind and gentle. BUT I DO EXPECT SOME HONESTY SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE!!! They keep talking about what the 5 Stars stands for, they need to practice what they preach for a change !!!! :rant: :rant: :chairshot:

How much has our pay gone down? A whole lot less than almost everybody else. Life is good as long as you stay grateful for what you have and not dwell on what you don't.

[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=80843.msg835679#msg835679 date=1275856899]

[/quote]

Every since they shut down CF a lot of us has been wondering how they would go about cutting our pay and benefits. The reason they started the Con-Way systems to begin with was they wanted to do away with CF .Anyone that doesn't realize that either is too young and wasn't in the business or is in denial . Now that CF is gone it's time to work on lowering the Con-Way Pay. Now we know. It is only a matter of time before more is cut. While they are cutting the drivers benefits and pay they are keeping their own pockets full . I don't expect any of them to be kind and gentle. BUT I DO EXPECT SOME HONESTY SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE!!! They keep talking about what the 5 Stars stands for, they need to practice what they preach for a change !!!! :rant: :rant: :chairshot:
[/quote]

How quickly we forget. You got a raise/return of 1/2 your pay at the first of the year. After that, I did not expect any other bump ups until next year. Now, if Conway started making money hand over fist, I would expect my 401 match back and maybe the rest of the pay cut and maybe a raise.

So, now that I have reminded everyone that we have had a bump this year, can you really expect any thing else? I know I would like to make more money and have more to spend but it is what it is. It is a good job and you do make a decent living. Sure there is lots to complain about but just remember, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. :poke: :popcorn:

[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyBKz1wdK0M rib-it !!