TForce | Loaded trailers doors left open in yard.

Conway Lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
I find this odd. Your yard in Phoenix, right next door to FedEx freight. I drive into the parking lot of FedEx, and on the fence line, in Ups/Tforce yard, lots of trailers loaded and unloaded, with doors open. I have seen freight right to the door, roll doors and swing doors. Even when it’s raining, doors are left open, and the freight has to be getting wet. We are not allowed to move a roll door trl. Unless door is closed.

Thats sheer laziness.

In other words so and so could close them but too much effort in the heat to go back and close them.

I cannot think of anything else. Those people not closing doors can be docked pay for the wet OSD products.

airing out the trailer from the stench of damaged product
Thats trailer wash.

Can get pricey. A very long time ago when in places that had noses and were PICKY PICKY PICKY we used to buy 10.00 worth of coffee by the pound. Throw down the whole batch onto the floor. Do a bit of sweep out.

Done. mmmmm cawfee. This one is ready to load. (Never mind what it had in prior to it.)

I wept. What a tragic waste.

many places i use to pick-up at the chicken haulers would come in . they couldn't back into dock until they sprinkled coffee from nose to tail on their trailer . if not company would say go buy some or bye bye no pick-up

many places i use to pick-up at the chicken haulers would come in . they couldn't back into dock until they sprinkled coffee from nose to tail on their trailer . if not company would say go buy some or bye bye no pick-up
I recall some of the Ga truckstops asked the (ice-pack) chicken haulers to park in the rear, we don't want your chicken juice in the front yard.

I find this odd. Your yard in Phoenix, right next door to FedEx freight. I drive into the parking lot of FedEx, and on the fence line, in Ups/Tforce yard, lots of trailers loaded and unloaded, with doors open. I have seen freight right to the door, roll doors and swing doors. Even when it’s raining, doors are left open, and the freight has to be getting wet. We are not allowed to move a roll door trl. Unless door is closed.
It's not the docks job to sweep trailers,it's not the docks job to secure frt, it's not the docks job to close doors. What is the docks job?

Was this on the weekend or weekday?

2) That's another thing; We don't have a good way to sweep out and dispose of trash in the trailers. And most terminals i've seen don't either.

Push broom and a dustpan don't cut it. Please read the last sentence very carefully.