ABF | Local 707 Pension Fund insolvent in 2016

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
fXAgK9p.jpg

LWKNQmK.jpg

0E14m9m.jpg

Sorry, Brother Triplex, .,....I don't "like" it....I acknowledge it. Sen. Schumer should lay the blame squarely on YRC management,... And our IBT...."leadership ".....who allowed them to underfund the pension fund. Once again, the working person does nothing wrong,....but the thieves who caused it get away scot-free. Hoffa, Johnson, and Sweet on should be ashamed of themselves,...... but I think they've had that part of their conscience surgically removed.

Brother Canaryinthemine, it was also YRCW Teamsters who voted for Pension reductions. They voted for NO Pension contributions for 2 years, and thru countless mou's they approved 25% Pension contributions for the next 8 years till 2019. The IBT, Pension Funds also YRCW Teamsters have to take the blame for this. They didn't just destroy their futures, they also helped cripple other Teamster members Pensions with their choices.

Sorry, Brother Triplex, .,....I don't "like" it....I acknowledge it. Sen. Schumer should lay the blame squarely on YRC management,... And our IBT...."leadership ".....who allowed them to underfund the pension fund. Once again, the working person does nothing wrong,....but the thieves who caused it get away scot-free. Hoffa, Johnson, and Sweet on should be ashamed of themselves,...... but I think they've had that part of their conscience surgically removed.
The ratio of active members to retirees has nothing to do with this? Come on, the political climate and judicial interpretation, as well as, weakening of labor laws of the last 30 years are more to blame than either the Teamsters OR YRCW. The massive shift from a primarily unionized LTL industry to largely non-union, due to deregulation, is far more responsible. Add in the bankruptcies of many Teamster private fleets and most recently Hostess and you get the picture. This situation has been festering for nearly 30 years.

The ratio of active members to retirees has nothing to do with this? Come on, the political climate and judicial interpretation, as well as, weakening of labor laws of the last 30 years are more to blame than either the Teamsters OR YRCW. The massive shift from a primarily unionized LTL industry to largely non-union, due to deregulation, is far more responsible. Add in the bankruptcies of many Teamster private fleets and most recently Hostess and you get the picture. This situation has been festering for nearly 30 years.
Prior to 1980 there were 2300 Union carriers with more than a half million members. Now there are less than......two?....since only the YRC group is under the NMFA. And the Teamsters were powerless for .,....oh,..say..40...years to stop the decline...... even though we all knew that if they did nothing, we'd be standing neck-deep in the....excretion.... if we did nothing. "Leadership" would've helped. A little ....honest....leadership during the YRC negotiations would've helped.

Prior to 1980 there were 2300 Union carriers with more than a half million members. Now there are less than......two?....since only the YRC group is under the NMFA. And the Teamsters were powerless for .,....oh,..say..40...years to stop the decline...... even though we all knew that if they did nothing, we'd be standing neck-deep in the....excretion.... if we did nothing. "Leadership" would've helped. A little ....honest....leadership during the YRC negotiations would've helped.
All I'm saying is blaming only the Teamsters and YRCW for the decline in membership is way off the mark.

All I'm saying is blaming only the Teamsters and YRCW for the decline in membership is way off the mark.
No, I'll agree,....there's plenty of blame to go around. It seems like working people don't matter much in the grand scheme of things, and the people we've put our trust in don't seem to want to be bothered with our piddling little pension concerns,.... or excessive overtime,.... or safety,.....

This is sad to see. I'd like to know the history of that fund. Like their numbers in their hay-day and where did they go. That looks like one example where a larger broader based fund would have been better.

He never said they were solely responsible for the whole mess. He just said they screwed their parts up and I agree. You were a big yes sir voter. But I don't see you running around telling everyone that you were right about it. It is people like you that helped our Brotherhood fall to where it is today.
I don't want to hear you yes voting suck asses cry about the pension now. You all voted for it. The sad thing is the rest of us that have paid all our payments all along will have to suffer because of yes voters that all but gave away the CSPF to the greedy companies.

So yes you and your Brethren did play a MAJOR part in where the Teamsters are now. And as for the yrc Teamsters dragging all of us down Just look at where all these no balls Bastards that have given it all away came from. You will find that almost all of them came from yrc companies.

Get back to me when you can prove me wrong on any of the above post.

He never said they were solely responsible for the whole mess. He just said they screwed their parts up and I agree. You were a big yes sir voter. But I don't see you running around telling everyone that you were right about it. It is people like you that helped our Brotherhood fall to where it is today.
I don't want to hear you yes voting suck asses cry about the pension now. You all voted for it. The sad thing is the rest of us that have paid all our payments all along will have to suffer because of yes voters that all but gave away the CSPF to the greedy companies.

So yes you and your Brethren did play a MAJOR part in where the Teamsters are now. And as for the yrc Teamsters dragging all of us down Just look at where all these no balls Bastards that have given it all away came from. You will find that almost all of them came from yrc companies.

What we're not BROTHERS ALWAYS!
Once again you reveal your COMPLETE lack of insight into the plight of Multi Employer Pension Funds.
Go back to Pre-School Board.

This is sad to see. I'd like to know the history of that fund. Like their numbers in their hay-day and where did they go. That looks like one example where a larger broader based fund would have been better.

Back in their hayday Maybrook had the McClean (Double Diamond) breakbulk, the Yellow breakbulk, Cooper Jarret had a city operation with road drivers domiciled there and so did Interstate System (Dollar Sign) and Eazor Express. I'm sure there were many others in the area.

Back in their hayday Maybrook had the McClean (Double Diamond) breakbulk, the Yellow breakbulk, Cooper Jarret had a city operation with road drivers domiciled there and so did Interstate System (Dollar Sign) and Eazor Express. I'm sure there were many others in the area.

Close but no cigar SuperCourse. Only Yellow/YRCF ever had a terminal in Maybrook. The others you mention were in Newburgh, NY. McLean had a breakbulk there, CJ had a relay and I believe the others were EOL locations. Maybrook was a huge railroad yard and a part of where the yard was located is where YRCF is currently located.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maybrook_Yard

http://www.catskill.net/purple/maybrook.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/05/nyregion/the-maybrook-line-and-its-rise-and-fall.html

http://www.abandonedrails.com/Maybrook_New_York

The McClean terminal was right off exit 5 Maybrook, Interstate System was off exit 6, the others in Newburgh I assumed were all in the same local and pension fund, I like many others appreciate your hairsplitting precision, feel free to check my spelling and punctuation.

The McClean terminal was right off exit 5 Maybrook, Interstate System was off exit 6, the others in Newburgh I assumed were all in the same local and pension fund, I like many others appreciate your hairsplitting precision, feel free to check my spelling and punctuation.

McLean's terminal in the 1970's was on Union Ave. (Rt.300) just north of I84. Their newer place was on Neelytown Road in Montgomery starting in very late 1970's or early 1980's. They were never located in Maybrook although Exit 5, the Maybrook exit, was the way to get to the Neelytown site.The terminals off Exit 6 were in Newburgh near the airport. Some of those jobs might have been Local 445, not sure about 707.

PS - If my "hairsplitting precision" ruffles your fragile ego feel free to ignore my posts. I don't mind at all. Just like info to be accurate. Oh, and I couldn't care less about your spelling and punctuation. :smile new:

McLean's terminal in the 1970's was on Union Ave. (Rt.300) just north of I84. Their newer place was on Neelytown Road in Montgomery starting in very late 1970's or early 1980's. They were never located in Maybrook although Exit 5, the Maybrook exit, was the way to get to the Neelytown site.The terminals off Exit 6 were in Newburgh near the airport. Some of those jobs might have been Local 445, not sure about 707.

PS - If my "hairsplitting precision" ruffles your fragile ego feel free to ignore my posts. I don't mind at all. Just like info to be accurate. Oh, and I couldn't care less about your spelling and punctuation. :smile new:

In your constant pursuit of accuracy you might want to correct this poor fellows obituary since it states he worked at Mclean Trucking in Maybrook, NY.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/poughkeepsiejournal/obituary.aspx?pid=148453093

In your constant pursuit of accuracy you might want to correct this poor fellows obituary since it states he worked at Mclean Trucking in Maybrook, NY.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/poughkeepsiejournal/obituary.aspx?pid=148453093

Obituaries frequently have inaccuracies since the person with the facts is unavailable for comment. Over the years I've had to correct a few things in my own obituary.

PS - Being in the industry though you of all people should know how to spell McLean by the way. :smile new:

I guess my comments regarding 707's pension fund appear differently on your screen. Maybe you should consult you interpreter Docker, before accusing anyone of distorting facts.
FYI I NEVER clogged bandwidth crying, cajoling, threatening, badgering or pleading with ANYONE to vote yes. YOU and your erudite partner Docker, however, devoted countless hours railing against the MOU at YRCW. And advising a no vote. All to NO avail. I advised everyone to review the available information, and then decide how they would cast their vote. And until a time machine is viable, the question of whether or not yes was the correct course of action is based on opinion only!

No, I'll agree,....there's plenty of blame to go around. It seems like working people don't matter much in the grand scheme of things, and the people we've put our trust in don't seem to want to be bothered with our piddling little pension concerns,.... or excessive overtime,.... or safety,.....

Seems canaryinthemine recognized my observation. :duh: :grouphug:

I will anxiously await your usual rude and insulting response. Perhaps I will be honored with a comment from Docker! :argue:

Obituaries frequently have inaccuracies since the person with the facts is unavailable for comment. Over the years I've had to correct a few things in my own obituary.

PS - Being in the industry though you of all people should know how to spell McLean by the way. :smile new:
I understand that Midol will help with your condition.