ABF | Local 707 Pension Fund insolvent in 2016

Why did you deem it necessary to give a warning or are you saying that it is now frowned upon to debate on this forum?
I don't recall declaring that debate is frowned upon in this forum, debate is what it is all about and all are welcome here, not just us ABF employees. Warning issued now because I'm tired of it, don't want to read it and seeing as I think I'm normal I figure that nobody else wants to either...except for a select few. If you're so inclined to do a little research you will find that during the last blood bath there were ummm four users posting in this entire forum? As soon as it was put to bed things livened up. That tells me something.
I like his statement.
And Von, thank you for your support.

I don't recall declaring that debate is frowned upon in this forum, debate is what it is all about and all are welcome here, not just us ABF employees. Warning issued now because I'm tired of it, don't want to read it and seeing as I think I'm normal I figure that nobody else wants to either...except for a select few. If you're so inclined to do a little research you will find that during the last blood bath there were ummm four users posting in this entire forum? As soon as it was put to bed things livened up. That tells me something.

No you did not object to debate.
The link that nounionfool posted was informative and illustrative of the obstacles facing ALL participants of multi-employer funds, not just Teamsters. I just feel that focusing on one aspect of the funding crisis is detrimental to finding a way forward. With the damage done through punitive legislation, the solution, IMO, will be through sympathetic legislation. Contact your legislators and urge them to support reforms that will allow for benefits that provide for dignity.

I didnt state that you declared that debate is frowned upon in this forum, I simply asked you that question because that warning came at a time when the thread was calming down and insults were at the bare minimum which then led me to believe that you have taken it upon yourself to end the debate. I see that you did answer honestly when you stated that you just got tired of it and that I thank you for. Im sure that many members on the yrc forum get sick and tired of your posts but they dont have the convenience of hindering your replies with a warning, do they? That too tells me something.

I will ask you the question then since you felt the need to harp right in. Why do you feel he deemed it necessary now that the responses were getting mild compared to the previous 6 turbulent pages? Was it "because he can" like you proudly just stated? Have you grown so accustomed to being treated as a child by our leadership that you just automatically bow and comply to anyone that carries the slightest bit of authority? Members like you are part of the problem why our leadership is out of control. I, like you will click the mouse to find my entertainment somewhere else but unlike you, will first confront those I disagree with, no matter what position they hold. I will not just bow down and comply when ordered to.
The only comment that comes to me @ this moment is 'It is better to remain silent & thought a fool than to speak up & remove all doubt'. von.

The only comment that comes to me @ this moment is 'It is better to remain silent & thought a fool than to speak up & remove all doubt'. von.

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Proverbs 17:28

I will ask you the question then since you felt the need to harp right in. Why do you feel he deemed it necessary now that the responses were getting mild compared to the previous 6 turbulent pages? Was it "because he can" like you proudly just stated? Have you grown so accustomed to being treated as a child by our leadership that you just automatically bow and comply to anyone that carries the slightest bit of authority? Members like you are part of the problem why our leadership is out of control. I, like you will click the mouse to find my entertainment somewhere else but unlike you, will first confront those I disagree with, no matter what position they hold. I will not just bow down and comply when ordered to.
I agree a debate heated or not is the reason we come to these sites. It is our choice to engage or not . There are many posters on this site that I never read any of their post. Let's not forget we don't have to engage or even read a post if we choose not to.

Because a Yrc trouble maker comes to this forum doesn't mean he can destroy a thread. It is he that creates these heated exchanges on our forum.

Just look through our threads and see who disrupts our forum.

Why isn't he being held accountable for his disruptions.

If there is a hands off policy for him just say it and we will deal with it the way we each see fit too .

I agree a debate heated or not is the reason we come to these sites. It is our choice to engage or not . There are many posters on this site that I never read any of their post. Let's not forget we don't have to engage or even read a post if we choose not to.

Because a Yrc trouble maker comes to this forum doesn't mean he can destroy a thread. It is he that creates these heated exchanges on our forum.

Just look through our threads and see who disrupts our forum.

Why isn't he being held accountable for his disruptions.

If there is a hands off policy for him just say it and we will deal with it the way we each see fit too .

I agree wholeheartedly. What I have learned from my short time here so far is that there are some here as you mentioned and a few more that believe they have the ability to win a debate just by wishing it so.They consider it an insult if one doesnt heed their word as an absolute truth and concede the debate without any confrontation at all. The thread ends up deleted, closed or warnings begin once these individuals get backed into a corner so it does leave you with the impression that these individuals are protected by a strict hands off policy. One can only guess to the reason why.

Did you ever think you would see the day that a Teamster would shy away from confrontation? Then they wonder why our union is in the shape it is today. Go figure.

Ain't we got all the fools on town on our side? ....and ain't that a big enough majority in any town?.........Mark Twain

Surely you are not afraid of confrontation. So I would hope that you would show some courtesy by coming out and just saying if you have a gripe with something that I posted on this thread. I can understand others backing away because when it comes to holding their own in a debate, they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat. I think that you are different though, am I right?

Surely you are not afraid of confrontation. So I would hope that you would show some courtesy by coming out and just saying if you have a gripe with something that I posted on this thread. I can understand others backing away because when it comes to holding their own in a debate, they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat. I think that you are different though, am I right?
Oh, I'm different alright, Brother. Many people have pointed that out, although it usually takes a little while before they notice I'm different beyond just my physical infirmities. I have NO problem with anything you've posted,.......agree with some of it, disagree with some, but I haven't seen anything outrageously terrible that would cause a censoring.....If Brother ABFer can put up with my wild larks of fantasy and serendipity, I see no reason to limit anyone else.......until it gets down to the Pee-Wee Herman level......."I know you are, but what am I?" kind of thing. At that point, as Brother Von said,I'll find my entertainment elsewhere......As far as confrontation goes,....... I've raised three giant boys...6'7, 6'5, and 6'4...…...one played Division 1 football for Pitt.......from the time the oldest hit his teenage years, I've been poking my finger in their chest and "gently" correcting them......Did I mention I've been a steward for the last 10 years?...I think I know a little about confrontation........I'd rather do it face-to-face than long distance. Means more.......

Oh, I'm different alright, Brother. Many people have pointed that out, although it usually takes a little while before they notice I'm different beyond just my physical infirmities. I have NO problem with anything you've posted,.......agree with some of it, disagree with some, but I haven't seen anything outrageously terrible that would cause a censoring.....If Brother ABFer can put up with my wild larks of fantasy and serendipity, I see no reason to limit anyone else.......until it gets down to the Pee-Wee Herman level......."I know you are, but what am I?" kind of thing. At that point, as Brother Von said,I'll find my entertainment elsewhere......As far as confrontation goes,....... I've raised three giant boys...6'7, 6'5, and 6'4...…...one played Division 1 football for Pitt.......from the time the oldest hit his teenage years, I've been poking my finger in their chest and "gently" correcting them......Did I mention I've been a steward for the last 10 years?...I think I know a little about confrontation........I'd rather do it face-to-face than long distance. Means more.......

I didnt accuse you of fearing confrontation so there was no need to make half of your post trying to prove that you never shy away from confrontation.As a matter of fact, I said the quite the opposite.

Since you haven't seen anything outrageously terrible and have NO problem with anything Ive posted then why did you feel the need to post a quibbling and snide reply? Its usually only those members who dont stand a chance when it comes down to holding their own in an argument or those who fear confrontation that have to soley rely on short snide remarks or insults after being confronted in order to convince themselves on a successful retaliation and satisfy their own ego.

The only reason that I can come up with is that you feel the need to defend those that are unwilling or unable to do so on their own because they are your friends. Thats all fine and well and really quite noble but I feel that you are wasting your time backing these individuals because what I have noticed from their posts thus far are the very ones that lack the willpower and determination if we are to have any chance at taking back our union.But that is your prerogative. You can never be sure how they act in person when needed unless you do know them personally and just not from the internet because like you said, I would rather do it face-to-face than long distance too. You just never know who you are responding to on the internet and who the person is that you consider a friend.

I didnt accuse you of fearing confrontation so there was no need to make half of your post trying to prove that you never shy away from confrontation.As a matter of fact, I said the quite the opposite.

Since you haven't seen anything outrageously terrible and have NO problem with anything Ive posted then why did you feel the need to post a quibbling and snide reply? Its usually only those members who dont stand a chance when it comes down to holding their own in an argument or those who fear confrontation that have to soley rely on short snide remarks or insults after being confronted in order to convince themselves on a successful retaliation and satisfy their own ego.

The only reason that I can come up with is that you feel the need to defend those that are unwilling or unable to do so on their own because they are your friends. Thats all fine and well and really quite noble but I feel that you are wasting your time backing these individuals because what I have noticed from their posts thus far are the very ones that lack the willpower and determination if we are to have any chance at taking back our union.But that is your prerogative. You can never be sure how they act in person when needed unless you do know them personally and just not from the internet because like you said, I would rather do it face-to-face than long distance too. You just never know who you are responding to on the internet and who the person is that you consider a friend.
I'm sorry,....I do sincerely apologize,....but I'm afraid I can't think of anything I've posted that was aimed at you as a snide remark or insult. Was it the Mark Twain comment you took offense to? I didn't mean that to insult you,.....I've just got a quirky sense of humor,....absolutely nothing personal intended,.......in fact, if anything, I'd like to compliment you on your grasp of the facts, your lucid and well-thought-out posts. We may not agree on everything,.....and there's some things I agree with you on,....but I've enjoyed reading your posts,.....and will keep on doing so in the future. Once again, I apologize if you mistook something I posted as an insult directed to you.......That's not my style,.....Believe me, if I was angry enough at you,....or anyone,......you'd know it......Wouldn't be any subtlety involved......ALL the cannons would be trained and aimed and firing........and I respect you too much to do that. Your posts have proven you respectful.........Once again , I apologize for my off-beat sense of humor.....To understand it,...you have to triangulate it somewhere between Groucho Marx, Curly of the Three Stooges,...and Ghengis Khan.....got a little bit of all three in my humor valve......

I'm sorry,....I do sincerely apologize,....but I'm afraid I can't think of anything I've posted that was aimed at you as a snide remark or insult. Was it the Mark Twain comment you took offense to? I didn't mean that to insult you,.....I've just got a quirky sense of humor,....absolutely nothing personal intended,.......in fact, if anything, I'd like to compliment you on your grasp of the facts, your lucid and well-thought-out posts. We may not agree on everything,.....and there's some things I agree with you on,....but I've enjoyed reading your posts,.....and will keep on doing so in the future. Once again, I apologize if you mistook something I posted as an insult directed to you.......That's not my style,.....Believe me, if I was angry enough at you,....or anyone,......you'd know it......Wouldn't be any subtlety involved......ALL the cannons would be trained and aimed and firing........and I respect you too much to do that. Your posts have proven you respectful.........Once again , I apologize for my off-beat sense of humor.....To understand it,...you have to triangulate it somewhere between Groucho Marx, Curly of the Three Stooges,...and Ghengis Khan.....got a little bit of all three in my humor valve......

Theres no need for apologies, I didnt take it as an insult. I just couldnt understand why only that Mark Twain comment with no other correspondence between us in this thread, especially seeing how your posts have always expressed integrity along with the courtesy you have shown me thus far.I also agree with you on many things and as you know there are some things we dont agree on but I have come to respect your knowledge and straightforwardness.And I do believe that if you would of had a problem with me that ,like you said, there wouldnt of been any subtlety to it and you would of made a beeline straight towards me and thats what had me so perplexed.

I also want to thank you for the kind words.