ABF | Local 707 Pension Fund insolvent in 2016

You sure have a very short memory, you may want to go see a doctor for your condition. You promoted a yes vote for every MOU, and part of your first MOU vote was to vote for no Pension contributions for 2 years. Every MOU since you promoted a yes vote for 25% Pension Contributions which will last for another 8 years till 2019. You knew that your Pension Fund was in good shape, and you knew that your Pension was not going to be affected. Now all you had to do is convince others just so you will keep getting a paycheck. You can try to blame others for your shortfalls, but in the end you promoted a yes vote every time. WHY DID YOU LIE?

Your right about ABF Teamsters they did ratify a “substandard agreement”, but the difference is ABF Teamsters did NOT vote for Pension Contribution Reductions. YRC Teamsters did and what they did will affect every Teamster that are now in troubled pension funds. I will say this, YRC Teamsters did not alone help bankrupt Pension Funds. They had a lot of help from the Government, Wall Street, Banks, the IBT, and the Pension Funds. YRCW has to accept they were a big contributing factor of the condition of troubled Pension Funds being underfunded.
Another thing that last MOU at yrcw did was alienate ABF. The mou took our contract out of sync with ABF and drastically reduced the negotiating power of both company's rank and file. I brought this up at all proposal meetings and it fell on deaf ears. The vote at yrcw was the death of the NMFA and put ABF teamsters in a bad position.

papajohn, I'm pretty certain I never told anyone how to vote. If, based on my posted thoughts, some voted yes; hows is that encouraging a yes vote? I posted links to what I still believe were valid conclusions.
YRCW has to accept they were a big contributing factor of the condition of troubled Pension Funds being underfunded.
The significant loss of many contributing employers, not YRCW has brought about this Multi-Employer Pension Fund crisis. The enviable benefits provided, which were Federally mandated to prevent over funding, are a major culprit. And as such were and are UNSUSTAINABLE. The drop in contributory employers over the last 25 years is the most significant factor. I've mentioned this twice, because you and your cohorts steadfastly refuse to recognize this.

papajohn, I'm pretty certain I never told anyone how to vote. If, based on my posted thoughts, some voted yes; hows is that encouraging a yes vote? I posted links to what I still believe were valid conclusions.

The significant loss of many contributing employers, not YRCW has brought about this Multi-Employer Pension Fund crisis. The enviable benefits provided, which were Federally mandated to prevent over funding, are a major culprit. And as such were and are UNSUSTAINABLE. The drop in contributory employers over the last 25 years is the most significant factor. I've mentioned this twice, because you and your cohorts steadfastly refuse to recognize this.

You are correct about The significant loss of many contributing employers. Laws passed by the Government, decisions made by Wall Street, Banks, especially the IBT, Pension fund Managers, and their trustees, are biggest contributor for Pension Fund financial difficulties.

Seems you do have a short memory about the last MOU. 3 regulars on the YRC forum constantly ganged up and ragged on members against voting for the last MOU. Their also was an outsider, that you had no problem letting come on and post over 1000 messages in a 30 day span (just before the vote) pushing for the passing of the last MOU. Sin'c (IMO was an investor, company employee, or person with ties to the company or company employee that was on a mission for personal gain of it's passing), You and others encouraged the poster since it was in your best interest. By the way what happened to SinC? I haven't seen any post since the MOU Passed.

I have said all along that YRCW was not the only one putting pension plans in financial hardship, but they sure had a hand in it. NOT ALL OF YRCW MEMBERS VOTED FOR THE MOU, BUT WAS PASSED BY THE MAJORITY.

Their also was an outsider, that you had no problem letting come on and post over 1000 messages in a 30 day span (just before the vote) pushing for the passing of the last MOU. Sin'c (IMO was an investor, company employee, or person with ties to the company or company employee that was on a mission for personal gain of it's passing), You and others encouraged the poster since it was in your best interest. By the way what happened to SinC? I haven't seen any post since the MOU Passed.
You give me too much credit. Any Mod or Admin could have restricted those posts. Thanks as well for a civil response, I try to do the same. Where I get carried away is with muler and docker, in what ever form they manifest themselves here.
I really do hope that there will be a mutually satisfactory solution to the crisis in pensions.

I think the point here is that we were all lied to,.....some of the lies were from people we trusted,...and some of them were from corporations who touted their honesty and family values. Apparently,....these are the new negotiating tactics,.....Welcome to the Twenty-first Century.....There Will Be No Corroboration.......But when a number of Teamsters start bickering with each other,.....somewhere,...there's a corporate billionaire snickering behind his hand...... Identify the True Enemy , gentlemen,.....or,...rather,....Brothers. We all know what the problem is,....now what are we going to do about it? First thing is voting out those we had elected into positions of trust,....the ones that had violated that trust , either through complicity, laziness,...incompetency.....Vote 'Em Out!....second,.....Lobby hard for Pension reform,.....Look at what Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are doing......Lone voices in the wilderness,....because "nobody believes they can win....." How 'bout if the rank'n'file start actively supporting them? Instead of the "presumed" candidate?........third,......READ that Damned Contract Book!.........I am puzzled by the number of guys,....for ALL companies,....who ask basic questions that are answered in the contract. It may be a ragged, tattered mess,...a hollow shell of what it once was,....before a CERTAIN PERSON'S SON got ahold of it and practically wrecked it,......But, By George, and the Saints above,......there's still enough SHARP TEETH in the thing,......ESPECIALLY when there's the King Hell Mother of all driver shortages going on,.....to grab the companies' attention,......AND their respect.........ALL companies, I mean......Most guys on here are Good Union Brothers,.....Some by their own definition, only.......There's a few company Quislings on here, too.....Inciters,....Insulters.....But the anonimity we all have is supposed to make us selective of what we say............I can tell you one thing for sure......A UNITED group of Teamsters is the most fearsome sight any limp-wristed desk-jockey can behold................They can't fight us UNITED,.....which is why they spend so much time inciting to see us fighting each other........Sorry, Brothers for the soapbox speech.......No, I am not running for office,.....I'm just a decrepit gear-jammer who remembers Solidarity........

All I'm saying is blaming only the Teamsters and YRCW for the decline in membership is way off the mark.
I will go further than that. If the Teamsters Union had invested "our" money conservatively from the beginning, even after the 2 stock market crashes most if not all of the money would still be there. The 6.1 billion dollars from UPS was not all lost in the stock market crash. Hoffa and many others "stole" the money, period. Investing money like a Las Vegas gambler should be limited to those using there own money. Until we take our Union rose colored glasses off and see the lack of representation in the YRC negotiations and blatant theft of millions of dollars we will never get it right. In reality, there is enough blame to go around to all concerned, but in the end, all of the Union employees will pay the price.

I think the point here is that we were all lied to,.....some of the lies were from people we trusted,...and some of them were from corporations who touted their honesty and family values. Apparently,....these are the new negotiating tactics,.....Welcome to the Twenty-first Century.....There Will Be No Corroboration.......But when a number of Teamsters start bickering with each other,.....somewhere,...there's a corporate billionaire snickering behind his hand...... Identify the True Enemy , gentlemen,.....or,...rather,....Brothers. We all know what the problem is,....now what are we going to do about it? First thing is voting out those we had elected into positions of trust,....the ones that had violated that trust , either through complicity, laziness,...incompetency.....Vote 'Em Out!....second,.....Lobby hard for Pension reform,.....Look at what Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are doing......Lone voices in the wilderness,....because "nobody believes they can win....." How 'bout if the rank'n'file start actively supporting them? Instead of the "presumed" candidate?........third,......READ that Damned Contract Book!.........I am puzzled by the number of guys,....for ALL companies,....who ask basic questions that are answered in the contract. It may be a ragged, tattered mess,...a hollow shell of what it once was,....before a CERTAIN PERSON'S SON got ahold of it and practically wrecked it,......But, By George, and the Saints above,......there's still enough SHARP TEETH in the thing,......ESPECIALLY when there's the King Hell Mother of all driver shortages going on,.....to grab the companies' attention,......AND their respect.........ALL companies, I mean......Most guys on here are Good Union Brothers,.....Some by their own definition, only.......There's a few company Quislings on here, too.....Inciters,....Insulters.....But the anonimity we all have is supposed to make us selective of what we say............I can tell you one thing for sure......A UNITED group of Teamsters is the most fearsome sight any limp-wristed desk-jockey can behold................They can't fight us UNITED,.....which is why they spend so much time inciting to see us fighting each other........Sorry, Brothers for the soapbox speech.......No, I am not running for office,.....I'm just a decrepit gear-jammer who remembers Solidarity........
I agree with no one reads the contract. Does the union halls even supply a new driver with a contract book anymore? Abf's contract is almost a year old and nothing. Can't even hardly find it on the teamsters own site. Try to find it. I found it pretty tough.

Your rite, it's the old one minus a bunch of bennies
Yesterday, I filed a grievance under Art. 19 about lack of contract books. I quoted past practice. This is after the meeting we had with the Labor man who, when queried about lack of books, blamed the Union's two man committee........ actually in our Supplement, it's one woman,.......for not contacting him to proofread the contract. He said that ABF was going to go ahead and print without proofreading........ But he couldn't give a time schedule.......So maybe a scheduled grievance will be an incentive for both sides to do their job......Another case where both the company and the IBT......."leadership "......can casually and lackadaisically insult their members and employees.

Yesterday, I filed a grievance under Art. 19 about lack of contract books. I quoted past practice. This is after the meeting we had with the Labor man who, when queried about lack of books, blamed the Union's two man committee........ actually in our Supplement, it's one woman,.......for not contacting him to proofread the contract. He said that ABF was going to go ahead and print without proofreading........ But he couldn't give a time schedule.......So maybe a scheduled grievance will be an incentive for both sides to do their job......Another case where both the company and the IBT......."leadership "......can casually and lackadaisically insult their members and employees.
If you really want to make a statement file a labor charge too since they (union I believe) are required to furnish us with a copy of our contract upon request.

Yes they are. Both sides are to share the cost of printing. The person who is the head of our Two Man committee, and the Freight panel in our Joint Council,............ And the one who's been dragging her feet and not returning phone calls to get with the company Labor people and proofread the contract and Supplement, so it can proceed to the printer,......... is the person who will have to submit this grievance to the Eastern Regional panel, now that it's been filed....,..And....answer to the panel as to why the contract hasn't been printed......... Ironic......( I expect a flurry of printing activity in the next few weeks.....,)....

Why print a contract book when they just make up rules as needed and totally ignore what is in there? Canary didn't you have a "stone cold solid" grievance and they basically told you to drop it? "They" weren't going to hear it.
This company is too worried about stupid "R&L look alike" uniforms and PDAs being turned in, than following a contract or picking up and delivering frt.
We were told today by our salesman they are working on some pricing for Amazon and the freight would be delivered by "Final mile?" or something like that and wouldn't we be happy that we wouldn't be doing the home deliveries. You should have heard the cheers ....for basically losing your job.

Why print a contract book when they just make up rules as needed and totally ignore what is in there? Canary didn't you have a "stone cold solid" grievance and they basically told you to drop it? "They" weren't going to hear it.
This company is too worried about stupid "R&L look alike" uniforms and PDAs being turned in, than following a contract or picking up and delivering frt.
We were told today by our salesman they are working on some pricing for Amazon and the freight would be delivered by "Final mile?" or something like that and wouldn't we be happy that we wouldn't be doing the home deliveries. You should have heard the cheers ....for basically losing your job.
There is nothing I would like more than to have final mail take that #250 Amazon delivery and put it in the front door.

Absolutely right about Eastern Region being a snake pit. You don't go there if you're looking for Justice...... But we're coming into an election year,.....and the embarrassment factor is priceless. The same Hoffa appointed official who is causing the problem,.,..... through laziness and incompetence, I might add,......,is the same official who has to file this grievance with the committee....I guess if you can't get Justice, you might as well get entertainment out of them. She should be ashamed..... But I am presuming that people involved with wrecking a 50 year old Labor agreement that they themselves touted as the "Greatest Labor Contract" in the world,....... are capable of shame.....

You give me too much credit. Any Mod or Admin could have restricted those posts. Thanks as well for a civil response, I try to do the same. Where I get carried away is with muler and docker, in what ever form they manifest themselves here.
I really do hope that there will be a mutually satisfactory solution to the crisis in pensions.
Do you want me to post some of your past post? You are not without your name calling and yes voting whines. Beside I believe there is the same 707 thread on the yrc forum. You have not post anything to benefit the abf Teamsters in this thread yet.

If you want trouble you will find it here. So post something that pertains to the pension fund and not about Docker and myself.

You seem to have some type of obsession with us. I know Docker and he as I am not into your kind of life style. So either post about the funds or ABFer will probably have to deal with you.

I feel that the 707 pension fund news broke just to scare the cowards that were yes voters. And we all no you were a big yes voter.

Some of us will be working to fight off the robbing of our pensions while people like you will cry something is better than nothing. Your yes voting ideas fall on deaf ears on this forum.

Hows your pension payments going? That's right you gave them a break on your agreement you made with me and the rest of the Teamsters paying into the funds. So lets see you have admitted to being a backer for the yes to reduce wages and pension payments and to all but do away with the contractual work rules but you think we should listen to what you have to say on the matter now.

You are a proven LIAR! In 2008 thru 2013 you agreed to a contract that you would require your company to pay X amount of money into the pension funds for the duration of the said contract. But in the early days of the contract you allowed your employer to reduce the amount you PROMISED YOUR FELLOW TEAMSTERS thus causing grave harm to the funds. And now you want us to listen to you. WHAT A JOKE!

No Docker and I are not the bad guys you and your yes voting buddies are a big reason we are all in trouble now.

I agree with no one reads the contract. Does the union halls even supply a new driver with a contract book anymore? Abf's contract is almost a year old and nothing. Can't even hardly find it on the teamsters own site. Try to find it. I found it pretty tough.
It is written on a etch-a-sketch so as to when the companies want something new they just shake it up and rewrite it. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!