Yellow | Logging off duty / while waiting for freight warning letters

211trumpbaby

TB Lurker
Credits
We had a member at 218 Richfield and 211 Copley received warning letters for logging off duty while waiting for freight. Any one else getting these letters....is this a violation of federal dot regulations? ???

We had a member at 218 Richfield and 211 Copley received warning letters for logging off duty while waiting for freight. Any one else getting these letters....is this a violation of federal dot regulations? ???
Tell him/her to file discrimination charges.

Yellow use to allow this in 947 Middletown,nothing was ever said,of cosrse until and when you got in a accident.I my self never did top line ,only the guys who ran Richfield did.

Yes it is a federal violation, it is also a contractual violation to dispatch a driver on runs where the driver don't have hour to complete the runs. It is also a federal violation to dispatch a driver on a 11hr run when the driver has sat for 3.5 hrs. Evidently this driver has stepped on the wrong toes. Or the company/ manager is on to something, who knows.

fIDRL5i.jpg

Relieved of all duty & liberty to pursue are the key words. Both of these rules must be allowed, if not, it is on duty not driving. The company was right. But what a bunch of dick*. Don't get mad get even. If on a peddle run & you know you can't make it back without violating your hours, make them come get you. You are on the clock till you get back. Learn how to play their game better than they do. I would file on it to see if your BA can get them withdrawn. Probably not, but file on it & maybe you will get lucky. Ok, they wrote a couple of warning letters. Did they bother to talk to each shift to make sure everyone knows the rules @ the customer & on your lunch breaks? I hope they did, it is part of their job. With recorders in the tractors I would get a print out of my daily log or start logging it by hand. Then you know for a fact you ran out of hours 20 minutes from the terminal & call them to come get you. Be sure to understand the 16 hour rule. Besides, that information might come in handy down the road. Keep & copy any document you think might help you out of a jam. Keep good records. For your laptop computer @ home you need to image your hard drive every 6 months, & back up your data weekly, you will never suffer the loss of all your data & not be able to recover it. Did that once, never again. Von.

Pretty simple if your being PAID your on duty !
If you sit long enough you just may get paid an 8 hour mini and sent home. Why this company would call you in and the load is not hooked and ready its their stupidity.
tutone 710 your comment about YRC drivers and the rules that do not apply may be true at your location. At 881 we have the same problem with just the opposite.
Sad this far into this fiasco and the guys and a few gals can't seem to stick together anymore. Guess that is why everyone is sucking hind tit.

It's really kinda sad ,as we have super truckers that punch out for lunch ,but keep working !!

If you don't understand this, Electronic logs can fix the problem.
Not exactly. I've had elogs for 7 years now. The elogs understand when the truck is moving. They understand when you are parked, driven more than 11 hrs, or have been 14 hrs since starting. They know if you've been on duty more than 8 hrs without a break. But elogs can't determine whether you are sitting on duty or sitting off duty. It matters to elogs only when you try to stretch hours afterward.

Not exactly. I've had elogs for 7 years now. The elogs understand when the truck is moving. They understand when you are parked, driven more than 11 hrs, or have been 14 hrs since starting. They know if you've been on duty more than 8 hrs without a break. But elogs can't determine whether you are sitting on duty or sitting off duty. It matters to elogs only when you try to stretch hours afterward.
With e logs it is critical to know if anyone can change or alter your e-logs after you have signed off for the day. Ask yourself, can anyone @ my company go in to the computer & change anything I entered? Either way, get a copy of your e-log every day before you leave work. If management knows you get a paper printout of your e-logs every day, it makes it hard for them to explain any alterations to the documents.

With e logs it is critical to know if anyone can change or alter your e-logs after you have signed off for the day. Ask yourself, can anyone @ my company go in to the computer & change anything I entered? Either way, get a copy of your e-log every day before you leave work. If management knows you get a paper printout of your e-logs every day, it makes it hard for them to explain any alterations to the documents.
You worked in a different atmosphere than I....

You worked in a different atmosphere than I....
Regardless the environment, if you get jammed up over false logs, or any other kind of dispute @ work, you will be glad you copied & saved all your documents to defend yourself against the company. The company can be right or wrong. You have to be right every time. CYA. Document everything you can. Union or not, a wrongful termination with little chance to defend yourself will go a long way in changing how you make a living. The first thing any attorney will ask you is what kind of documentation you have to support him taking legal action on you behalf. Once again, CYA.

Regardless the environment, if you get jammed up over false logs, or any other kind of dispute @ work, you will be glad you copied & saved all your documents to defend yourself against the company. The company can be right or wrong. You have to be right every time. CYA. Document everything you can.
No one where I work is making or allowing false logs. Fireable offense, no warnings. Like I said, different atmosphere. If it's changed, even by management, it's programmed to light up in red and send at least 4 people (including the driver) an email.