Yellow | Logging off duty / while waiting for freight warning letters

Each company usually issues documentation regarding how much off duty time a driver can log for meals/breaks during a tour of duty. Some used to issue wallet sized cards drivers could carry with them.

Company /Union not trying to educate only abuse for their greater good. Slavery never ended just took on a new form (Debt/uneducated )

Our contract can't allow or force us to break any laws but can prevent us from certain behavior that the law allows. No issues there.
Allowed a member to get trips for benifits. Now you need three tours to receive benifits, when I first started it was hard to get thoes three trips. Hog board. Know the cookies is crumbling, you can work 8 days a week and 25hrs a day.

My friend, people faught for these work rules and conditions, and some died. If you choose to give these companies all your time, it's ok with me, just do me a favor any PLEASE let them know to only, and only take advantage of your kindness. Back in 2013/2014 in the mou, the company expressed an issue with absenteeism. I disagreed, I said it was a driver shortage problem. If you feel working 80+hrs a week is a good deal for yourself (two full time jobs) I'm happy for you, it better for me, shouldn't realy be an absenteeism problem. Should balance itself out.
I said I log it on duty. I'm just saying legally you don't have too. Nobody has ever said you can't leave the property at least in kcm anyway

No I do t use the 34 hour restart. Just wasn't paying attention
At my terminal we can't reset, might be the problem. Check with whoever issued the letter and your local on any agreement. Letter are used for correction and understanding, you also must seek that understanding. Not here, through your local. Documentation, language, agreements between company and local. Dont get fustrated cause it is challenging. Good luck.

Say what y'all want but I don't make this stuff up. This is straight from the FMCSA website and is there for all to see.
Question 10: How does compensation relate to on-duty time?

Guidance: The fact that a driver is paid for a period of time does not always establish that the driver was on-duty for the purposes of part 395 during that period of time. A driver may be relieved of duty under certain conditions and still be paid.

www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/section/395.2?guidance

H8pd3my.jpg