ODFL | long doubles?

TB Lurker
Credits
do we pull anything other than double and triple pups over the road? spotted a brand new 48' with skirts and a pintle hitch on the back in CHI this morning. also heard of one tagging a dolley somewhere on 65 near indy

i know what rocky mtn's are, just didn't know we used em. must be making its way west from wabash. we've been pulling tons of trailers out of there, liftgate pups, liftgate 53's, brand new 40's, 45's and 48's

UPS pulls twin 48's out here all the time. I am such a kid oogling when they go by. I thinks triples are the coolest thing ever. And I would rather pull two 53's or two 48's over a set of pups.They are so much more stable and dont get all crazy with small wheel inputs.

Funny you say that CC. I pulled triples for a couple years during my tenure here, and sometimes after I got 'em all strung out, I'd stand back and look at 'em cos' I thought they looked cool.

here is the first set i pulled solo about 5 weeks ago between KCY and WIC
1475854_10202635852121383_979356301_n.jpg

i know what rocky mtn's are, just didn't know we used em. must be making its way west from wabash. we've been pulling tons of trailers out of there, liftgate pups, liftgate 53's, brand new 40's, 45's and 48's

Keep em coming! I hear a lot of service centers are running short on equipment. I know we have been. Like I've said before though, if we are stuffing all of our trailers full of freight we are doing something right.

Keep em coming! I hear a lot of service centers are running short on equipment. I know we have been. Like I've said before though, if we are stuffing all of our trailers full of freight we are doing something right.

stuffing them full and not tearing it up. Thats the biggest part, and you guys seem to have a handle on that.

Yes Sir!!We can't keep anough empty van's around here.A real struggle to get them unload'd&ready to go back out.Roll roll baby.

Really cool pic. Big triples fan. Im a weirdo, I know. Hahaha

Where do we still pull triples? I know they run them between tulsa and ok city. I know we used to go to the tx border and pick up the rear box..but not in a long time. They stopped running trips toward tx