Yellow | Long Term Unemployment Benefits Extended

Yes it is true that unemployment can make people lazy. On the other hand, there are not any good jobs out there that pay more than unemployment pays. So what choice does a man have to make. Take a job that pays less than unemployment or continue the course. The choice is pretty easy to me.

[quote author=oldschool988 link=topic=79268.msg823107#msg823107 date=1271734111]
Yes it is true that unemployment can make people lazy. On the other hand, there are not any good jobs out there that pay more than unemployment pays. So what choice does a man have to make. Take a job that pays less than unemployment or continue the course. The choice is pretty easy to me.
[/quote]

Its just that when people are not productive for an extended period of time beyond the normal 6 months of unemployment it has to keep the economy down. If I'm not in a factory or driving a truck or whatever then nothing is being accomplished.

I've been laid -off since Christmas and I have been busy since the first of the year. I don't know how I managed to keep the house hold chores completed and work the road at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting back to work so I can rest up

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79268.msg822027#msg822027 date=1271398561]
My sister has been milking this hand out ever since it was passed. $2000 a month to sit home and take care of her babies. It can't get any better than that. :thumbsup:
[/quote] I don't see how you could call it a hand out when you have to work and pay into unemployment before you can collect any money?

[quote author=colkid link=topic=79268.msg823540#msg823540 date=1271880610]
My sister has been milking this hand out ever since it was passed. $2000 a month to sit home and take care of her babies. It can't get any better than that. :thumbsup:
[/quote] I don't see how you could call it a hand out when you have to work and pay into unemployment before you can collect any money?
[/quote]
Amen to that Brother.

[/quote]
Its a hand out because she has exceeded the normal 6 months of unemployment and now the Federal Govt is paying for it. Its also a handout because she was receiving that extra $25 from Obama. And lastly its a handout because my sister and millions of others have no intention of finding work when they can just continue on collecting a free check. They should be on these people every day until they find a job.

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79268.msg823562#msg823562 date=1271888307]
[/quote]
Its a hand out because she has exceeded the normal 6 months of unemployment and now the Federal Govt is paying for it. Its also a handout because she was receiving that extra $25 from Obama. And lastly its a handout because my sister and millions of others have no intention of finding work when they can just continue on collecting a free check. They should be on these people every day until they find a job.
[/quote]

Instead of blaming people who are unemployed try putting the blame where it belongs,on bad government loan programs trying to give every tom, dick and worthless harry a home loan and lets not forget the Wallstreet corruption (criminal capitalism at its finest).These people didn't walk away from their jobs,they were kicked to the curb,so maybe you need to get down off your high horse and realize how fortunate you are and realize many people aren't as lucky.

This country is in serious trouble from what I've just read here. I was laid off in July of last year and have YET to collect an UE check. My pride can't be bought with Obama Money. Get back to work ya lazy SOB's. :popcorn:

[quote author=annieo link=topic=79268.msg823666#msg823666 date=1271903128]
This country is in serious trouble from what I've just read here. I was laid off in July of last year and have YET to collect an UE check. My pride can't be bought with Obama Money. Get back to work ya lazy SOB's. :popcorn:
[/quote]

If we had a couple of more Million like you my friend this country would not have any problem !!!!! :thumbsup: ( :biglaugh: )

[/quote]Dang!!! I even feel guilty for takin retirment money now. :tribe:

[/quote]

REALLY Obama's money,did he write me a check from his personal account,if Mccain and his trusty sidekick sarah were in office (UE extensions would still be here)would you still say the same thing.

This country is in trouble and it didn't start the day Obama took office,greedy uncontrolled capitalism under Bush's watch started this country down the road to disaster so I really don't care what anyone thinks about people collecting unemployment.Everyone's situation is different,some have a working spouse that can support them so who can really judge.

When WALLSTREET controls our Government what choice does the working person have.

Until we have manufacturing brought back to this country, until we are allowed to drill and refine our own oil, until we stop subsidizing farmers for not growing food, until the dollar is backed by gold and not by the word of a Wall St. moron, this country will be in turmoil and people will be forced to live on unemployment and welfare. When we are headed to two classes of people (ie: the rich and the poor) with the elimination of the middle class the controversy in this country will only get worse. God help us all

And until we start to punish the people that are responsible for Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac's collapse, the corruption will continue. The elites in Washington are getting away with stuffing their own pockets with tax payers money. The proof is all there. The video and audio tape is all there in their own words. How can we ignore a video tape? By letting them get away with this, it only breeds more corruption in Washington. Where is the investigation? My guess is that both parties are afraid to investigate, because it would surface many more names that were also responsible for the collapse. I say start an investigation and roll everyone involved out of Washington. But there is no investigation, it's just politics as usual. So the corruption continues.........

Globalization allows 2 things...

1. Almost complete immunity from reversing decisions that favor key businesses.
2. The ability for businesses in necessity items to artificially drive up their prices unregulated by any specific governing body.

[/quote] Just because you hate Obama that some how gives you reason to call millions of Americans lazy SOB's? I really take offense to that statement. I guess my friends that watched their factory load up on trains and trucks headed to Mexico (teamster job) are lazy SOB's? Are the ones that are going back to school to learn a new skill lazy too? I think you used to broad a brush to paint that statement.

This country is in serious trouble from what I've just read here.� I was laid off in July of last year and have YET to collect an UE check.� My pride can't be bought with Obama Money.� Get back to work ya lazy SOB's.
� � �Just because you hate Obama that some how gives you reason to call millions of Americans lazy SOB's? I really take offense to that statement. I guess my friends that watched their factory load up on trains and trucks headed to Mexico (teamster job) are lazy SOB's? Are the ones that are going back to school to learn a new skill lazy too? I think you used to broad a brush to paint that statement.

Yeah the 40 Teamsters who lost their driving jobs to Foodsco non-union drivers were just lazy SOB's too. Just wait until the IBT folds and the jobs and wages drop off the map.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=79268.msg823817#msg823817 date=1271956787]
This country is in serious trouble from what I've just read here.� I was laid off in July of last year and have YET to collect an UE check.� My pride can't be bought with Obama Money.� Get back to work ya lazy SOB's.
� � �Just because you hate Obama that some how gives you reason to call millions of Americans lazy SOB's? I really take offense to that statement. I guess my friends that watched their factory load up on trains and trucks headed to Mexico (teamster job) are lazy SOB's? Are the ones that are going back to school to learn a new skill lazy too? I think you used to broad a brush to paint that statement.

Yeah the 40 Teamsters who lost their driving jobs to Foodsco non-union drivers were just lazy SOB's too. Just wait until the IBT folds and the jobs and wages drop off the map.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
[/quote] By the way Obama does not pay for your initial 26 weeks of unemployment. Your employer does. Just a little FYI Mr. Pride Man

[quote author=wishy-washy link=topic=79268.msg823747#msg823747 date=1271935443]
Until we have manufacturing brought back to this country, until we are allowed to drill and refine our own oil, until we stop subsidizing farmers for not growing food, until the dollar is backed by gold and not by the word of a Wall St. moron, this country will be in turmoil and people will be forced to live on unemployment and welfare. When we are headed to two classes of people (ie: the rich and the poor) with the elimination of the middle class the controversy in this country will only get worse. God help us all
[/quote][quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=79268.msg823752#msg823752 date=1271937159]
And until we start to punish the people that are responsible for Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac's collapse, the corruption will continue. The elites in Washington are getting away with stuffing their own pockets with tax payers money. The proof is all there. The video and audio tape is all there in their own words. How can we ignore a video tape? By letting them get away with this, it only breeds more corruption in Washington. Where is the investigation? My guess is that both parties are afraid to investigate, because it would surface many more names that were also responsible for the collapse. I say start an investigation and roll everyone involved out of Washington. But there is no investigation, it's just politics as usual. So the corruption continues.........
[/quote]
Both of these quotes have it exactly right. I don`t hate Obama and I didn`t hate Bush,I just see it for what it is,the corruption in Washington is slowly destroying all that we as Americans have worked for and believe in. The greed that has taken over our country needs to be brought to an abrupt halt and we all need to get back to the basics.