Yellow | Long Term Unemployment Benefits Extended

My sister has been milking this hand out ever since it was passed. $2000 a month to sit home and take care of her babies. It can't get any better than that. :thumbsup:

2000 a month??? i have to call b.s on that one...... you are saying 500 dollers a week unemployment!! what state is that????

Lets do the math $450 a week + $25 Obama bonus = $475 x 52 / 12 months = $2058. Just a tad more than I said!! Thats in California. It turns out she had another baby and her husband makes big bucks so why should she work? I bet this is stalling the economy big time having smart people not working for no reason.

They call it funemployment. Who wants to work when they bring home as much staying home? The federal government just spending more money= more taxes or inflation.

However much you wind up with in your state, at least it's something. The benefit was set to run out for a lot of people so jump in if you can before it's all gone. At least you can buy some food for your families. No where near as good as a job but.......

FWIW, the drivers setting and collecting unemployment will have a hard time getting another driving job. Most places require that you have driven X amount of miles in the last 12 months. Just because you've been driving 20 years dose'nt mean anything if you have'nt touched a wheel in a year.

[quote author=hoffa link=topic=79268.msg822058#msg822058 date=1271423523]
2000 a month??? i have to call b.s on that one...... you are saying 500 dollers a week unemployment!! what state is that????
[/quote] Can we get a "I stand corrected" from the congregation? :biglaugh:

FWIW, the drivers setting and collecting unemployment will have a hard time getting another driving job. Most places require that you have driven X amount of miles in the last 12 months. Just because you've been driving 20 years dose'nt mean anything if you have'nt touched a wheel in a year.

After 20 years of driving, one doesn't forget after one year how to drive a rig. What nonsence is this?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

[quote author=ranger309 link=topic=79268.msg822570#msg822570 date=1271581033]
After 20 years of driving, one doesn't forget after one year how to drive a rig.
Sometimes I'd like to try being off for a year......and hope that I could forget how!

After 20 years of driving, one doesn't forget after one year how to drive a rig. What nonsence is this?

[/quote]

I think it is just a technical way for them the company to say you are not eligible for employment.... they know you can drive a truck. Maybe you were black balled by one of your past employers... this would give them a loop hole to not hire you.

[quote author=Stimpy link=topic=79268.msg822598#msg822598 date=1271592092]

[/quote]

I think it is just a technical way for them the company to say you are not eligible for employment.... they know you can drive a truck. Maybe you were black balled by one of your past employers... this would give them a loop hole to not hire you.
[/quote]The company might try that, it would not fly in Michigan. As long as you "could" pass a physical. The unemployment arbitrators have not been favorable to the trucking companies I have dealt with, they know all their ::shit::. And if no one will hire you for being off over a year it stills goes back on the employer that laid you off, not the one your applying for.

[/quote]

My point is good luck finding a driving job after not driving for a year. Sure you can still drive, but most companies will not hire you. This is not nonsence. I've been there, they require that you have been in a truck in the last year.
Also, with so many drivers out of work. Who would you hire? Someone who has not driven in a long time, or someone who is presently driving?

[quote author=Gondofini link=topic=79268.msg822114#msg822114 date=1271444709]
They call it funemployment. Who wants to work when they bring home as much staying home? The federal government just spending more money= more taxes or inflation.
[/quote]
How can you have the nerve and say that sitting at home collecting a lousy $431 a week check, with no medical benefits, is funemployment. People paid into the unemployment system with their taxes before they got laid-off by Yrc. You sound like complete SCAB with no disregard for your brothers and sisters on lay-off status. :chairshot:

Unemployment Insurance premiums are supposed to be paid in by the companies,not paid for with our taxes,but they have extended benefits so many times now that fund has to be exhausted by now and is most likely being paid for by the federal gov`t with our tax dollars. Most people would rather be back to work earning a paycheck with benefits and not have to depend on an unemployment check,but there are a few that are happy just getting by with 400 or 500 a week in unemployment checks. A co-worker that I worked with some time ago once told me that free money has ruined many good men. These unemployment checks are necessary right now in this terrible economy and I hope all the people that want to get back to work can very soon.