XPO | LOOK OUT NORTHEAST

Ol' Dollar Bill could write a book on how not to run an ltl outfit and make a killing if his golden parachute ever runs out...
Saia's continued growth and success is balanced by the abject failure of Preston. Not everything Yellow has discarded works.

Dollar Bill thought he could build the Titanic. I think he must've missed the part where it sank.

Saia's continued growth and success is balanced by the abject failure of Preston. Not everything Yellow has discarded works.

Dollar Bill thought he could build the Titanic. I think he must've missed the part where it sank.
So Preston falls and Saia got bigger CF falls and Con-way got bigger. Do we see a trend here.

So Preston falls and Saia got bigger CF falls and Con-way got bigger. Do we see a trend here.
2 different stories there, yellow bought Preston which owned Saia and West ex . They spun Preston off on their own and eventually they went Under. Yellow then bought Jevic, suppose to have a full non union cross country LTL. The merged Westex and Saia then ended up spinning them off and selling Jevic to Jeffries and that led to their demise. Saia has been the only company that Yellow bought and spun off that has survived.

2 different stories there, yellow bought Preston which owned Saia and West ex . They spun Preston off on their own and eventually they went Under. Yellow then bought Jevic, suppose to have a full non union cross country LTL. The merged Westex and Saia then ended up spinning them off and selling Jevic to Jeffries and that led to their demise. Saia has been the only company that Yellow bought and spun off that has survived.
What I was talking about is how these non-union companies are doing so well compared to the union companies that started or owned them. I believe YRC would have closed it's doors if not for the govt and the concession from the union.

What I was talking about is how these non-union companies are doing so well compared to the union companies that started or owned them. I believe YRC would have closed it's doors if not for the govt and the concession from the union.
Hate to say it but I agree. They di dget one thing. 75% less money in to the pension fund. Basically the same as going bankrupt. And we all know Pension fund obligations are one of the first things discharged in a bankruptcy proceeding. If YRC goes it's good night CSPF. Maybe not the next day, but very soon. von.