Yellow | Look!

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
Hey last night I was fired up and Happened to look at your board. Hey what I said was true but calling you guys out was wrong. LOOK the union isn't gonna do us here at FDX freight a da*& bit of good anyways. Our guys are fired up and alot more than ever are talking about card check. But what they dodn't seem to get is the union is all for company seriority. They way fedex is currently doing it is by job class. Anyway they do it doesn't much matter. Watkins was founded in the 60's and AF in 82. Which ever way they do it were **** anyways. ( when ABF bought CAROLINA ).

Last edited by a moderator:
The union getting in at FEDEX would be good for you and all your fellow LTL drivers union and non..The only way to empower drivers more is to increase the union population in the business....or we will all contuinue to be tossed about like a raft in the ocean..getting taken wherever it wants us to be taken...
More members in the LTL's means more say on stuff like we are all going through...stay seperate we all have little say.

Hey last night I was fired up and Happened to look at your board. Hey what I said was true but calling you guys out was wrong. LOOK the union isn't gonna do us here at FDX freight a da*& bit of good anyways. Our guys are fired up and alot more than ever are talking about card check. But what they dodn't seem to get is the union is all for company seriority. They way fedex is currently doing it is by job class. Anyway they do it doesn't much matter. Watkins was founded in the 60's and AF in 82. Which ever way they do it were **** anyways. ( when ABF bought CAROLINA ).

if your terminal is closed your company seniority is good if you follow the work

if you don't follow the work you go on the bottom of the list for bidding purposes but your company seniority still is good for vacations, pay etc--NMFA

card check?

not in your lifetime​

Last edited by a moderator:
But what they dodn't seem to get is the union is all for company seriority. They way fedex is currently doing it is by job class.

For the most part, the union is also for job class seniority in terminals with separate linehaul vs local (P&D, dock) boards. For example, when Yellow and Roadway merged last year, a couple of people I know who had more seniority than me on the local board but jumped over to the linehaul board about a year earlier, were not allowed to come back to the local board and be ahead of me again. In other words, the fact that they have more company seniority didn't help them.

For the most part, the union is also for job class seniority in terminals with separate linehaul vs local (P&D, dock) boards. For example, when Yellow and Roadway merged last year, a couple of people I know who had more seniority than me on the local board but jumped over to the linehaul board about a year earlier, were not allowed to come back to the local board and be ahead of me again. In other words, the fact that they have more company seniority didn't help them.

a white paper contract in Chicago? When the terminal bids drivers bid what ever they want..sum ting wong

There are quite a few differences in bidding/seniority rights under NMFA nationwide... Bidding and seniority rights are dictated by the regional supplement that cover you at your domicile terminal...

a white paper contract in Chicago? When the terminal bids drivers bid what ever they want..sum ting wong
Chicagoland locals do have unique seniority/bidding rules. But we also learned recently that mechanics bidding into Cleveland and Indianapolis were forced to relinquish their seniority in order to bid those locations...

It is incumbent on each and every one of us to know our supplement and any supplement we may be looking at to make a move into should the occasion arise...