FedEx Freight | Looking for fellow freight employees.

steelhauler34

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello, i just got hired into FedEX freight and my manager said i will be going somewhere in Illinois for my week driver training. Does anyone know what city this is located in as I cannot remember, seems like it started with a C...lol. Also what can i expect during this week long orientation as far as training? How many people to a hotel room?

Thank you, my first official day was yesterday. Worked six hours wich was just doing paperwork and watching vids..lol. Sounds like it is going to be a lot of dock work being a new guy but that is ok. It will seem very weird to me, being compensated for the whole time you work as the company i was at before we were paid percentage of the load and had sooooo much uncompensated time. Do you happen to know the name of the town in Il where the driver training facility is?

Chicago Heights would be my guess , CGH ? (one of my guys here know the alpha)

Hello, i just got hired into FedEX freight and my manager said i will be going somewhere in Illinois for my week driver training. Does anyone know what city this is located in as I cannot remember, seems like it started with a C...lol. Also what can i expect during this week long orientation as far as training? How many people to a hotel room?

Tell them you have sleep apnea ( I do) and you use a Cpap machine (I do) to sleep. You'll get your own room even if you don't and don't. That "machine" may disturb the roommate. You're very conscientious of your fellow associate.

I beleive we do the one week orientations at CGX (Summit, IL. ) for the mid-west region. At least that is where our last 3 new hires went.

For those that don't know, CGX is located along I-55 and 1st. Ave. Down in the hole accross from the dump along the Stinking River.

Welcome aboard Steelhauler34, Have fun.

You would be correct Jinx. CGX is where I also went. What a dump! No offense CGX brothers and sisters its not your fault. FEDEX must have got a bargain on that property.

I just got back from orientation last Friday and it was at the National terminal in Schaumburg,Il.Be prepared to spend 8 hours a day in class.You will basically be doing the same thing you are now...without the computer and not as many questions to answer.You will have 3 tests to take consisting of 30 questions each.As on the computer you need 90% to pass with 1 do over.Delivery receipts and Bol's plus hazmat and then the Smith driving system.Its not hard at all and everyone passed.We stayed at the Hampton Inn 2 people to a room about 15 minutes away.The hotel shuttle will drop you off and pick you up at 4 pm.Lunch is brought in and quite good.Our instructor was Greg H.He seems abrupt at first but we all liked him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember my first day many years ago, came to work somebody gave me a hand full of bills and said go deliver these. I did think to ask what truck I needed to drive, the reply was a red one!

I remember my first day many years ago, came to work somebody gave me a hand full of bills and said go deliver these. I did think to ask what truck I needed to drive, the reply was a red one!

Pretty much the same story here , LOL !

I've only had to lay down in Chicago one time, it was Summit, IL but my parents lived like 6 miles from there at the time. I never got the chance to visit the lovely hotel there and I even got Mom to make me a solid breakfast before I had to go back in. :)

I've only had to lay down in Chicago one time, it was Summit, IL but my parents lived like 6 miles from there at the time. I never got the chance to visit the lovely hotel there and I even got Mom to make me a solid breakfast before I had to go back in. :)

Roogie..Who lives by the tracks near FTW ???

Roogie..Who lives by the tracks near FTW ???

My parents lived there too, right when FTW was being built. My Dad was in BNSF management then, when they lived by Chicago/Summit he was Superintendent of Field Ops at the Cicero intermodal yard and in FTW he worked at their Network Operations Center (NOC) at the BNSF Headquarters. He's retired now and lives in Frisco. :)

roog

You would be correct Jinx. CGX is where I also went. What a dump! No offense CGX brothers and sisters its not your fault. FEDEX must have got a bargain on that property.

LOL! You should of seen FTW when it was a hub.. I was like what the hell did i get my self into.