FedEx Freight | Looking for fellow freight employees.

You would be correct Jinx. CGX is where I also went. What a dump! No offense CGX brothers and sisters its not your fault. FEDEX must have got a bargain on that property.

Back in the day (AF) CGX (then CGI) Was the only Hub in the Chicago land area.
We were moving 2million lbs across that dock every night.
Drivers would line up on the road outside the gate and wait to get in and drop out because there was no room in the yard.

Back in the day

Back in the day they would toss you the keys and if you caught them you were hired. If you didn't catch them they would say pick those up and then you were hired.

When you pull a set into CGX you cross a set of rail road tracks before turning into their long bumpy driveway. Everytime I cross those tracks I swear the back box is going to lay over. The first time I crossed them I thought I was going to schmidt my shorts!!

Do new drivers still go out with a trainer? I think we have one trainer for the region. We used to have a pretty involved training deal.

When you pull a set into CGX you cross a set of rail road tracks before turning into their long bumpy driveway. Everytime I cross those tracks I swear the back box is going to lay over. The first time I crossed them I thought I was going to schmidt my shorts!!

I watched a dude hit those tracks in a smurf with a set at about 30mph. Not kidding whole set got air. Dude was heading out I was going in, when I think of the look on his face I still laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a dude hit those tracks in a smurf with a set at about 30mph. Not kidding whole set got air. Dude was heading out I was going in, when I think of the look on his face I still laugh.

Imagine the look on the face of the guy that got to break those trailers:nono_h4h: when they got to there destination if they made it to there destination.:biglaugh: Those tracks are almost as bad as the path, I mean road going the rest of the way to the front gate.:1036316054:

Imagine the look on the face of the guy that got to break those trailers:nono_h4h: when they got to there destination if they made it to there destination.:biglaugh: Those tracks are almost as bad as the path, I mean road going the rest of the way to the front gate.:1036316054:
So thats where those trailers came from. He must do that on a regular basis because I keep getting his pups to break, or unbreak so to speak.....