Looking For New Job

muther trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello. I'm looking for a new job. I have driven for conway/xpo in the past didnt care for it. My question is which of the companies in this forum are driving only positions. (No dock work mandatory) That being said I'm obviously looking for linehaul work. I know ABF and Old Dominion do not and xpo does. I would be applying at a Kansas City terminal. Any and all info will be appreciated.

If its strictly drop and hook, you need to nail that down first with any company you seek work with.

In trucking it's inevitable there is SOME dock work of some kind. I have never not attended the trailer and load unless specifcally released to spend the time logging sleeper while lumper or dock people took care of it. That was a long time ago. I hauled high dollar pharmacy and its expressly forbidden that drivers breach the warehouse building itself. They stay in the truck at all times.

Yes sorry I wasn't very clear on what I meant. I was referring to the ltl companies fxf upsf Saia Estes Dayton

Well, in that train of thought, I think of ABF. And UPS line haul. Daycabs out to 250 miles, swap with other driver, return to terminal.

I would imagine those are plum runs if you can get them. I made the decision back in trucking school a long time ago I would not deal with doubles in pups and day cabs with single screws. Its not me. They wriggle too much. Now if I had a 5 trailer aussie road train... thats different. Those are stable to a point and on 5th wheels with a big blown cat.

I don't like the... appearances of the handle chosen, but I ignore it for the purpose of this subject. If ABF has a yard in KC that you seek, maybe they will take you in well enough.

Thats the best I can give you with your topic. Most of the old time Doubles outfits like CF etc has imploded over the years and I am not current on them other than ABF and UPS along with FED ex. I once had a package last xmas month shipped ground by team fed ex from northern Maine to Little Rock in 24 hours even. I thought that was pretty awesome considering what it had to go through then.

I would suggest going to indeed
Com or zip recruiter.com enter the job your looking for and where you live.
Pretty good search engine that posts new openings all the time

Sorry to say in the LTL world you are a FREIGHT HANDLER not a truck driver.
I know some of these companies are drop and hook only for linehaul drivers. Old dominion and abf linehaul drivers don't handle freight. I wouldn't mind the option of working the dock but don't want to be forced to. I have applied at both of those companies just trying to figure out if any of the other main ltl companies have the option for drop and hook work.

I drive for Harris Teeter we don’t touch anything. Kroger, Wegmans, Publix they don’t touch anything I don’t know what grocery store distribution is near you.