GeeTen

TB Lurker
Credits
Just a question for OTR truckers.
I'm looking for the best Nationwide cellular service. There are a lot of dead zones along my route in Oregon, Washington, and Northern California. From your past experience who do you think is the best cell service provider across the United States? Both from a monthly billing standpoint, and more importantly a service standpoint. I don't mind paying a little more to ensure that I don't lose cell coverage. Thanks for the replies.

Edit. I guess I should have mentioned that I have both AT&T, and my family mobile service. Both of which I think are crap

Last edited:
i would say Verizon as well, i had them and liked the coverage.

as i had gotten off the big road, for the smaller roads, the cost was prohibitive and i went with ATT, and still have them.

all i have is a simple "flip phone", as i never had any real need for anything more than simple phone calls.

My Brother was on US Cellular, and switched to Verizon. He paid the early termination fee, and went back to USC. He said the coverage was better, and way less dead zones. He ran East coast to West coast and back.

My Brother was on US Cellular, and switched to Verizon. He paid the early termination fee, and went back to USC. He said the coverage was better, and way less dead zones. He ran East coast to West coast and back.
I forgot to say, he hauled oversized loads and actually spent a lot of time away from the interstate. That's where he found USC to be superior to Verizon.

We use T-Mobile and for the most part never really had a problem.. Son had Verizon and now he has T-mobile and he is happy.. He is one that lives on the phone.. Only bad thing is it doesn't seem to work in the Home Depot and Lowes.. But Verizon does.. I think they block calls.. We have barely "smart" phones.. Son has a I-phone and there is a huge difference.. Been to Florida and back and used the phone for tethering so we would get TV in the camper as most campgrounds don't have great service.. By the way the T-Mobile plan we have is $60 a month taxes included for both of us with unlimited calling,text messages and 5 giga somethings.. Never ran out of internet..

When I drove coast to coast Verizon worked the best except in some spots out west near oregon,upstate Washington