FedEx Freight | Looks like I'm going to work the dock

worthless

TB Lurker
Credits
The hand out we got says that we transfer with all company time and job time at current location. So will be here all of 7 months in Shamrock when we close. With 5.5 yrs company time. Hey Muleskinner what's it like in Amarrillo?

The hand out we got says that we transfer with all company time and job time at current location. So will be here all of 7 months in Shamrock when we close. With 5.5 yrs company time. Hey Muleskinner what's it like in Amarrillo?
If i wanted a steady schedule with my healthcare paid at New Penn that is what I have had to do..I've had dock bids with very little driving for the past 6+ years.
That's life...If I wanted a road job steady all year i think i'd have to have 12 years....YRC guys in Lancaster PA were laid off with 17 years seniority...Meaning the guys with 18 years worked the dock....It's been going on for a long darned time now....hopefully this ship turns around soon...Somebody surely messed up this profession.

How do like the fact that if you find out you don't have a job and take the severence you still have to wait till Jan, which is the worst time to find a driving job. Nice timing for sure, not gonna be a very merry holidays

Ya know Worthless, Its way to early to tell. They will probably be a lot to retire because they are fed up with the changes. Another part will take the severance because it will be a large amount for some at one time. So be cautious in what to do. This is going to be a great thing for some and bad for others. And I know, we keep hearing this. But never the less it's true. I my self am not a great fan of dock work, and will check all my options before I accept dock work because I am a truck driver, if I had wanted to work the dock I would have applied for that position. But Trucking co today have decided that they would take advantage of our 14 hour rule and I for one don't think its right. We already give these co's enough of our time and life's. If they had to pay you overtime you would see full time dock workers again. But this is just my thoughts about it, I'm sure someone will disagree. So I guess we will have to wait and see until Monday and who knows, somebody may climb one more spot in CHR.