ABF | Loosing your driving privileges

Homesick

Retired
Credits
I have noticed the police are stopping more vehicles again. And that quite a few are tractor trailers. We have a road driver working casual on the dock because he got a speeding ticket over 2 years ago and a $50 + 1point ticket for holding his cell phone a couple of weeks ago. Now his license has been suspended for 60 days.

I have a close friend who received a ticket for holding his cell phone while driving a CMV and is waiting to find out what the penalty is going to be. He said a cop was on a bridge using binoculars saw him plugging his phone into its charger.

I have noticed the police are stopping more vehicles again. And that quite a few are tractor trailers. We have a road driver working casual on the dock because he got a speeding ticket over 2 years ago and a $50 + 1point ticket for holding his cell phone a couple of weeks ago. Now his license has been suspended for 60 days.

I have a close friend who received a ticket for holding his cell phone while driving a CMV and is waiting to find out what the penalty is going to be. He said a cop was on a bridge using binoculars saw him plugging his phone into its charger.
Va. used binoculars at the scales when we first started using seat belts.

With the new age of cameras everywhere I think with even a decent lawyer he would get out of it. That would be more of a he said she said deal, but you never know. But please tell him to fight it & let us know the outcome if he does….

With the new age of cameras everywhere I think with even a decent lawyer he would get out of it. That would be more of a he said she said deal, but you never know. But please tell him to fight it & let us know the outcome if he does….

This!

Back in February I got stopped for doing 82 in a 65. It's not a habit, I was in a rush for a personal reason. Didn't admit to anything yes sir no sir and I was on my way.

I had to look up a lawyer and I contacted a few. Important point, use a lawyer that does (almost exclusively) traffic and DUI cases. They have the connections you need.

The lawyer asks some specifics like where were you?, were you going that fast?, How's your record? and my retainer is 500. I explained that best case scenario is a dismissal, worst case scenario is an equipment violation. I can't have a guilty on speeding. He says no guarantees, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Paid him and didn't do anything else. I get a court date notice and on that date I get an email that says case dismissed, disposition in the mail.

Geeze what a dick. What state is this in if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks for the tip btw, I wasn’t aware we were being targeted for nonsense such as that out here.

Geeze what a dick. What state is this in if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks for the tip btw, I wasn’t aware we were being targeted for nonsense such as that out here.
Maybe answer that in a PM to protect your ID since your TM spends the day trying to figure out who ya are . (common thing with all companies)

Ya know I had a idea.

Consider this. IF you have a camera instead of a mirror and display a mirror screen inside your cab on the A pillar in real time video, whats stopping you from building a tractor cab with cameras sufficient to display your forward view video on large screens on top of the dash and no glass windshields?

That way the police cannot see *%% from the bridge.

We listen to a neat phone app that's like a scanner . We listen at night as we fall asleep or while we eat our dinner and chat . We have noticed many , many more DOT , Motor Vehicle Inspections , and speeding / seat belt calls like crazy , uggg not to mention the vehicle crashes involving trucks . Our State Patrol will sit on bridges with binoculars and HD cams hiding behind things looking into cars , trucks and motorcycles like crazy lately . Our local cops run your plate and they come back with your info including your phone number , if you are a conceal and carry and known to carry with any violations . All right there on my phone , hehehehe.....

We listen to a neat phone app that's like a scanner . We listen at night as we fall asleep or while we eat our dinner and chat . We have noticed many , many more DOT , Motor Vehicle Inspections , and speeding / seat belt calls like crazy , uggg not to mention the vehicle crashes involving trucks . Our State Patrol will sit on bridges with binoculars and HD cams hiding behind things looking into cars , trucks and motorcycles like crazy lately . Our local cops run your plate and they come back with your info including your phone number , if you are a conceal and carry and known to carry with any violations . All right there on my phone , hehehehe.....
Any chance you could post the name of the phone app? And with me being from Arkansas, will this app work with a rotary dial phone? LOL!!!

Broadcastify we love it ! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scannerradio_pro
Been looking at new handheld scanners that only need zips but they can cost a pretty penny . BTW got 3 old ones , ehhh still work for some stuff like racing , other stuff too . I don't know the app is fun though and it gets all over the world stuff .So fun to listen to . Chicago is a hot bed , sometimes we listen to the fires in California , that will make you cringe . Always something fun to hear out there .

DMV in eastern North Carolina are relentlessly catching a truck driver on the phone. I keep mine laying in the speedometer. Every dmv that stops me wants to "check" my air brake warning lights/buzzer. They always notice the phone and are dumb enough to ask, is that your red phone. I always answer, No. Its not my red phone. Next question is, Who does it belong to? My next answer is, Are you investigating a crime pertaining to this vehicle? MOST times the next remark from officer curious is, Why won't you tell whose phone that is? And I say, The damn phone ain't bothering me or my ability to do my job, why are you hung up on something that does not concern you. Then I get a full inspection and he/she gets their little black uniform dirty because I haul Rock to a cement plant and if there is no rain, the bottom of the truck is dusty as he'll and I still passed the inspection.