ABF | Loosing your driving privileges

DMV in eastern North Carolina are relentlessly catching a truck driver on the phone. I keep mine laying in the speedometer. Every dmv that stops me wants to "check" my air brake warning lights/buzzer. They always notice the phone and are dumb enough to ask, is that your red phone. I always answer, No. Its not my red phone. Next question is, Who does it belong to? My next answer is, Are you investigating a crime pertaining to this vehicle? MOST times the next remark from officer curious is, Why won't you tell whose phone that is? And I say, The damn phone ain't bothering me or my ability to do my job, why are you hung up on something that does not concern you. Then I get a full inspection and he/she gets their little black uniform dirty because I haul Rock to a cement plant and if there is no rain, the bottom of the truck is dusty as he'll and I still passed the inspection.
Wowsers. Good to know. I’m in the central part of NC but luckily have avoided harassment, though I travel exclusively at night when I’m in the truck. Not that I’m doing anything particularly wrong, but I just don’t care for that kind of attention.

DMV in eastern North Carolina are relentlessly catching a truck driver on the phone. I keep mine laying in the speedometer. Every dmv that stops me wants to "check" my air brake warning lights/buzzer. They always notice the phone and are dumb enough to ask, is that your red phone. I always answer, No. Its not my red phone. Next question is, Who does it belong to? My next answer is, Are you investigating a crime pertaining to this vehicle? MOST times the next remark from officer curious is, Why won't you tell whose phone that is? And I say, The damn phone ain't bothering me or my ability to do my job, why are you hung up on something that does not concern you. Then I get a full inspection and he/she gets their little black uniform dirty because I haul Rock to a cement plant and if there is no rain, the bottom of the truck is dusty as he'll and I still passed the inspection.
Is your phone red or does red phone mean something?

Is your phone red or does red phone mean something?
My phone cover is red and he wants to know the color of my phone so when he stops me the next time, he can say he saw me with a red phone in my hand. This is the same officer that stopped me right after the handsfree law went into effect. Climbed all up in my truck demanding to see my phone so he could verify what he saw. He was literally between me and the steering wheel looking for my phone. I told him to look to his left and you'll see it recording your every move and word. He set a new land speed record back to his vehicle.

My phone cover is red and he wants to know the color of my phone so when he stops me the next time, he can say he saw me with a red phone in my hand. This is the same officer that stopped me right after the handsfree law went into effect. Climbed all up in my truck demanding to see my phone so he could verify what he saw. He was literally between me and the steering wheel looking for my phone. I told him to look to his left and you'll see it recording your every move and word. He set a new land speed record back to his vehicle.
LOL. I got stopped 5 or 6 years ago on hwy 316 leaving ABF Lawrenceville Ga terminal by a Lawrenceville city cop for being in the left lane. He was yelling and screaming at me for my license and why I was in the left lane. I kept telling him to calm down. He was visually searching my tractor from the passenger side when he saw my dash cam box. He looked at it, looked at the windshield, told me to stay out of the left lane, handed me my license and walked away. It was like a light switch was flipped. Bad cop, see the box then the camera, instant good cop.

Last edited:
LOL. I got stopped 5 or 6 years ago on hwy 316 leaving ABF Lawrenceville Ga terminal by a Lawrenceville city cop for being in the left lane. He was yelling and screaming at me for my license and why I was in the left lane. I kept telling him to calm down. He was visually searching my tractor from the passenger side when he saw my dash cam box. He looked at it, looked at the windshield, told me to stay out of the left lane, handed me my license and walked away. It was like a light switch was flipped. Bad cop, see the box then the camera, instant good cop.
It'll change their attitude every time.